First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
lol i wouldnt be surprised it happens before Z orders fulfilled. is it in the US?

VA. I am number one deposit for a GRMN model in a regional Toyota dealership network. They called thinking I might be interested in the ONE manual they were getting this fall. Holding out for the GRMN even with odds it will never get made.

Freewill

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Triumph Tiger
i actually just called toyota regarding manual supra, they dont have any eta unfortunately, but hinted that its more 2023+. did they provide you any timing?

Unfortunately not really. If I get a car by next spring I'll be happy, but I think it will over the winter sometime.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
So I totally get comparing cars that are similarly priced.. but comparing a Z to track focused trims like the 1LE or mustang PP2 seems wrong.

There will be a Nismo (hopefully) to compare those to.

If your sole focus is tracking the car, then Yea.. seems like there are way better options.
That's the thing, when you get good value from a car in this price range you get things like adjustable dampers. And thus my SS 1LE I just throw into Touring mode (or leave it in touring regardless of mode selected via menu) and it just cruises along nicely. Best riding sports car I ever had, and it goes Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde very quickly with a nice little double tab and selection. What a rigid, spectacular chassis.

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
They must be bad drivers…because every other review has said the Z is far faster round the track than the 86
I thought that the SG review with the same tires had the Z faster around the track than the GR - a good amount but if you look at the screenshot - the TH guys were able to get a better time with the GR. I don’t know - I think part of the issue with the Z is what we all know - its not a track car to begin with and those tires it comes with are trash.

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
I thought that the SG review with the same tires had the Z faster around the track than the GR - a good amount but if you look at the screenshot - the TH guys were able to get a better time with the GR. I don’t know - I think part of the issue with the Z is what we all know - its not a track car to begin with and those tires it comes with are trash.
If I remember correctly though the GR86 times were with savagegeese driving, and they had a pro do the times for the Z. All of the times on TH are by Thomas

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
If I remember correctly though the GR86 times were with savagegeese driving, and they had a pro do the times for the Z. All of the times on TH are by Thomas
Nah, all the times were from their race driver -

Still a respectable time for the GR86

OP
OP
jezzza

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Finally a Canadian review were they're not just slagging it off. Guess they got a better gearbox.