LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Canadians frankly don't compare the prices they are paying with Australia, it's irrelevant to us. We are used to getting a good discount relative to US pricing which we aren't so much here. Also and more importantly it's a big wad more than even the old Nismo was, so relative to competitors it's no longer a great value.
I think it is still a pretty good deal 50k us is 65k canadian ,just wish we got the 9in. screen with nav. instead of 8in. without nav.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Canadians frankly don't compare the prices they are paying with Australia, it's irrelevant to us. We are used to getting a good discount relative to US pricing which we aren't so much here. Also and more importantly it's a big wad more than even the old Nismo was, so relative to competitors it's no longer a great value.
That’s the problem…times have changed, maybe manufacturers can no longer afford to give you a good discount relative to the US. Maybe because of the cost of actually manufacturing the car you will have to start getting use to paying what everyone else is, so the rest of us are not paying for your discount…that’s my point

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I think it is still a pretty good deal 50k us is 65k canadian ,just wish we got the 9in. screen with nav. instead of 8in. without nav.
This is how I feel about the Australian car…would I like it cheaper…sure. Can I see that the market has changed due to covid which affects the pricing …absolutely
So will I accept the price…yes, BUT
Am I still disappointed about a smaller screen…for sure

OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Yes given the current 129% USD to CAD exchange rate, as I predicted earlier Nissan is eating nearly half of the currency premium still, so on that front we haven't lost much. Should have done the math before that post, it was the middle of the night is my excuse. My real complaint is the US pricing is too high, way above the last Nismo for the Performance.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
for canada its not bad but not great either. still for a 370 reskinned body and upgraded infotainment system thats what the big issue is for a lot of people.
You are forgetting a better engine then the 370

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yes given the current 129% USD to CAD exchange rate, as I predicted earlier Nissan is eating nearly half of the currency premium still, so on that front we haven't lost much. Should have done the math before that post, it was the middle of the night is my excuse. My real complaint is the US pricing is too high, way above the last Nismo for the Performance.
I get it…but I’m guessing by tomorrow mid day you’ll feel much better about it.
Reason being all the Aussies were also in shock when we got our price. We sat on it, thought about ALL the reasons surrounding the price difference, thought some more, watched some reviews today…and now most (not all) have come to terms with it.
All the reviews seem pretty positive, it looks so much better than the Supra, it’s still cheaper than the Supra and has a manual transmission now. Sure the drag race may look disappointing but again this a stick car v cars that have the best tires on board and most likely have been tuned to perfection. All the reviews however say it feels much faster than the 370z, that its fun and handles well.…so if you loved the 370z you should REALLY love the Z

Dont forget this car is as fast if not faster than the old Nismo and has the same breaks according to one of the reviews …so there is that

There will still be some who say its too much for them for various reasons and that’s ok…there will always be some who disagree. But for me after having time to sit assess, come to terms with the price and then see some really positive feedback, I’m excited and can’t wait for it to be here.

I reckon in a day or two once the dust has settled a lot of the Canadian and US guys will feel the same

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not happy about the pricing. I don’t know if I’m still gonna go through the pre order or not. Gonna have think about it but my heart is still leaning towards to buying it

OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
It's not clear whether that Canadian pricing includes freight and PDI. Usually announced pricing doesn't but I see the official US prices do this time, so maybe that applies to the Canadian prices as well? That would be a nice $2500 or so saved after the tax saving.

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
But the question is…will any newly built Supras Mustangs etc, be the same price as what they are now?

I think it has plenty to offer…lots of reviews are really impressed.
guess it depends on what you want.
You want the fastes car, then perhaps not…but then again maybe because so far all tests have been on stock tires and manuals are depended on the driver
You want a fun car, with power that looks great, will be a tone of fun to drive on the country roads and get away in, then yeah…it’s got plenty to offer.
Trackers are only going to be about 10% of us, so the car appeals to the masses, or is supposed to
You say “compared to competitions” but aren’t all true competitors still more expensive?
Sure you can have a BRZ or 86…but they are not even close in terms of specs…and in Australia at least they are the cars for the young kids, cheap, cheerful, on every street corner
Mustangs…yeah sure maybe they are a competitor. But it’s a true muscle a par, again as common as muck (absolutely everywhere) ...and for sure not as pretty.
So that leaves the Supra ….no manual yet, most likely not till next year and most likely at a further cost and it’s already more expensive.
Performance is not the issue with me.. that will be determined by a test drive. Right now for me at least, the only thing the Z has over its competitors is its styling. The price is not much an issue with me, I just wish it had more of the little things its competitors has to offer. The Supra is roughly 10K more than a Z Performance trim but for that you get Brembo brakes, wireless charging, HUD, 14-way power seats(Z is only 4-way power), dual climate zones, better quality interior and materials(feels more premium), better infotainment, adjustable dampers, better sounding and valve exhaust, better tires, better sound system, better paint. So the Supra may cost more, but you are also getting more. Regarding the Supra manual, I've heard rumors that it may be out as early as late this year. If not, then I'll just have to wait and hopefully not much or better yet no premium cost for the manual. As for the Mustang GT and Camaro SS those are less expensive have the same if not better performance than the Z while offering as much or more features and tech than the Z.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Performance is not the issue with me.. that will be determined by a test drive. Right now for me at least, the only thing the Z has over its competitors is its styling. The price is not much an issue with me, I just wish it had more of the little things its competitors has to offer. The Supra is roughly 10K more than a Z Performance trim but for that you get Brembo brakes, wireless charging, HUD, 14-way power seats(Z is only 4-way power), dual climate zones, better quality interior and materials(feels more premium), better infotainment, adjustable dampers, better sounding and valve exhaust, better tires, better sound system, better paint. So the Supra may cost more, but you are also getting more. Regarding the Supra manual, I've heard rumors that it may be out as early as late this year. If not, then I'll just have to wait and hopefully not much or better yet no premium cost for the manual. As for the Mustang GT and Camaro SS those are less expensive have the same if not better performance than the Z while offering as much or more features and tech than the Z.
Only car I would think of getting beside the Z is the Camaro SS1. Really have think hard over the next couple weeks or so.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It's not clear whether that Canadian pricing includes freight and PDI. Usually announced pricing doesn't but I see the official US prices do this time, so maybe that applies to the Canadian prices as well? That would be a nice $2500 or so saved after the tax saving.
Before all this pricing came out, you guys said Savage Geese was the revue to watch, that they are honest and even brutal if need be.
Well I just watched it…and they love it, and although they admit it’s not cheap, they say it’s totally worth it
So these are guys that you respect, maybe just maybe the price point is worth what your getting

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Watch the savage Geese review..you may feel differently

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
Watch the savage Geese review..you may feel differently
Its a good video.. makes you appreciate the passion that went into the new Z. The Z right now is still my top choice.. love the no BS styling and overall visual of the Z. Hope when I get a chance to see the new Z in person and test drive.. it will be enough for me to forget the little things that I so wish it had.

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
Only car I would think of getting beside the Z is the Camaro SS1. Really have think hard over the next couple weeks or so.
I know how you feel.. earlier this year I was 100% on board with the new Z, mostly because the Supra had no manual. Now I'm one foot out.. but still hoping once I get to experience the new Z I'll be all in again.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know how you feel.. earlier this year I was 100% on board with the new Z, mostly because the Supra had no manual. Now I'm one foot out.. but still hoping once I get to experience the new Z I'll be all in again.
f the SUPRA. It’s ugly Af and it’s a bmw.
Love the Camaro SS man. I don’t know what to do.

heart says stick with the z but brain is saying Camaro