Canadian *confirmed* pre-order status updates? / Canadian ordered Z

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
someone in canada took delivery of the FL5 civic type r. winnipeg to be exact.
I know it's sad, but at least this means the Z will be unobtanium rare in Canada for a while, which bodes well for the equity this car would hold.

Of course I'd rather keep it forever, but if I don't, it's good knowing I'll make most or all of my money back. That's not something I can say for most used cars out there right now, making the annoying wait ever so slightly more palatable. It's a shame this car has 0 direct new car competitors in Canada. You know what they say,

It eez what it eez

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
I know it's sad, but at least this means the Z will be unobtanium rare in Canada for a while, which bodes well for the equity this car would hold.

Of course I'd rather keep it forever, but if I don't, it's good knowing I'll make most or all of my money back. That's not something I can say for most used cars out there right now, making the annoying wait ever so slightly more palatable. It's a shame this car has 0 direct new car competitors in Canada. You know what they say,

It eez what it eez
Doubt it. Anyone who preordered the car back in jan/feb is getting allocated, as nissan canada has stated they are sold out and not taking anymore orders until spring of 2023 where it says directly on the website they will be taking newer orders by then.

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
Doubt it. Anyone who preordered the car back in jan/feb is getting allocated, as nissan canada has stated they are sold out and not taking anymore orders until spring of 2023 where it says directly on the website they will be taking newer orders by then.
Sure, they will take new orders in Spring, doesn't mean they will fulfill them any quicker. I might be wrong but Z being rare for a good while seems like a reasonable enough likelihood to consider.

luckyjoewu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 3 series
I don't know if I should keep waiting. Really really need a car right now and I'm on the fence of getting an F82 M4... Or getting something really cheap like a $15K Mini and trade in after Z comes...

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
So have any Protos been delivered in Canada 🇨🇦?

I see a few performance models delivered, which seems a little out of order.
Are these just single dealer allocated cars, that could've been kept as demo's but sold instead?
It still doesn't seem like a steady supply is available

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport

Are these just single dealer allocated cars, that could've been kept as demo's but sold instead?
Protos have landed at the dealerships with most z sales it seems from the past. 4 protos in my area, heres one i got to see through the window earlier. Probably in the same boat as you guys in aus, 1 z delivered across canada per dealer except these arent test demos
914BC1C0-3920-4D19-A893-BB84B8F03AC1.jpeg

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Guys, I have found some available right now! Contact me for details. If you’re serious there are 2 I know for sure in Ontario that can be sold.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Yes, I have seen 3 in Ontario

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
One is yellow performance other is blue performance both auto
But seriously…what’s going on. For sale you say….whilst there is a backlog of orders that have not been filled. This gives me little hope that Aus deliveries will be handled any better.
What an absolute cluster f@ck.
I’m a lady that rarely swears, but there is absolutely no other word to describe it

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
But seriously…what’s going on. For sale you say….whilst there is a backlog of orders that have not been filled. This gives me little hope that Aus deliveries will be handled any better.
What an absolute cluster f@ck.
I’m a lady that rarely swears, but there is absolutely no other word to describe it
I know right?! I asked both of them don’t you have a list to go through first? Both said the original person didn’t want it. Scratched my head and said to myself then go down your list. another one had zero pre orders.

My original dealer said no news but I can cancel with that one and be guaranteed the one in the show room! Going to see it tomorrow.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I know right?! I asked both of them don’t you have a list to go through first? Both said the original person didn’t want it. Scratched my head and said to myself then go down your list. another one had zero pre orders.

My original dealer said no news but I can cancel with that one and be guaranteed the one in the show room! Going to see it tomorrow.
Good luck…hope it works out for you but yeah…when there’s a list work your way down it.
Honestly this just goes from bad to worse

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good luck…hope it works out for you but yeah…when there’s a list work your way down it.
Honestly this just goes from bad to worse
Must be a lie somewhere. Thanks I’ll post a pics if it’s a done deal