Canadian *confirmed* pre-order status updates? / Canadian ordered Z

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
The fact that they are still doing the z tour at dealerships this late is already bad. I saw the red one in april at my dealership. Was this release ever intended for a spring release? 0 communication between nissan and its customers. Love the heritage of the cars but the brand and marketing itself needs new faces to take over.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
The fact that they are still doing the z tour at dealerships this late is already bad. I saw the red one in april at my dealership. Was this release ever intended for a spring release? 0 communication between nissan and its customers. Love the heritage of the cars but the brand and marketing itself needs new faces to take over.
Honestly, I'm starting to get tired of the dealership show and tell tour, haha. It was at my dealership last week, but only appeared for an hour. When I woke up from night shift, at 11:40, the car was scheduled to leave at noon. I couldn't make the 40 min drive and see it in person before it was gone.

I mean, at this point, I got this deep feeling the heavy media coverage, commercials, reviews by a million "influencers", dealer tours, car shows, cars and coffee's and all the hype is starting to die out.. people will be bored of the car before it even releases. The good thing that just never seems to come. Anyone in a more northern climate probably won't even be able to or will purchase one that's not pre-allocated until probably spring/summer next year. People are still somewhat excited. But, I feel it's getting stale real quick now. Until we get them in the hands of the people, the enthusiasts.

OP
OP
BB_Sam

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jaguar F-type R-Dynamic 6MT
Honestly, I'm starting to get tired of the dealership show and tell tour, haha. It was at my dealership last week, but only appeared for an hour.
100% agree. My dealer sent me pics and a video of the car that showed up at their dealership. I was thinking, thanks but your iPhone pics/video are nothing compared to the hours of reviews I've watched online. Truth is, I nearly had a heart attack just seeing that I got an email from the dealership -- I thought maybe there was a real update. Alas, just pics... arrrggg... Nissan should be paying for the therapy I'm going to need over this car/waiting.o_O:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
BB_Sam

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not sure if folks have seen the latest pics of a truckload of Z's arriving in Puerto Rico -- is it possible that we'll see the same thing happen in Canada? I have assumed that my dealership would know when my pre-ordered car was being built and shipped. Maybe Nissan isn't doing that?

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not sure if folks have seen the latest pics of a truckload of Z's arriving in Puerto Rico -- is it possible that we'll see the same thing happen in Canada? I have assumed that my dealership would know when my pre-ordered car was being built and shipped. Maybe Nissan isn't doing that?
Doubtful. There has been 0 communication between nissan and usa. Same goes with canadian orders as well along with the Australia side.

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
had a chance to check the car out at the dealership today and snap some pics beside the s14 … no update with end of August still being the hopeful date
620639ae-64a6-461c-9506-1fda2e197686-jpeg.jpg

a910c59c-8191-4226-99e1-00041820c472-jpeg.jpg

835eb253-1c22-4499-8123-9334a025438d-jpeg.jpg

OP
OP
BB_Sam

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice pics! Love that blue. Not surprised they have no more info about delivery :(

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
any new interesting updates?

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
this is what nissan canada tweeted back at me
"Hi there, thank you for your interest in the 2023 Nissan Z! Due to unforeseen supply chain issues that are affecting the entire industry, there has been a slight delay to late summer 2022. We would suggest reaching out to your local dealership for additional information!"

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
this is what nissan canada tweeted back at me
"Hi there, thank you for your interest in the 2023 Nissan Z! Due to unforeseen supply chain issues that are affecting the entire industry, there has been a slight delay to late summer 2022. We would suggest reaching out to your local dealership for additional information!"
"slight"

OP
OP
BB_Sam

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There was a FB post on the Z forum about the prospect that US dealerships could be selling live as of August 9. If (and that's a big IF) that's true, we shouldn't be that far behind???

luckyjoewu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 3 series
I ordered mine from Nissan Canada when the online pre-order was open, got my first confirmation at the end of Feb, and got another confirmation (exact same email) at the beginning of July. Talked to my dealer and another Nissan dealer, and they seem to have no idea about the online ordering in Feb, none of the dealers are receiving any information about the online customers. Still totally in dark about the Z.o_O

OP
OP
BB_Sam

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
On the FB forum, the Americans are saying that the Proto will go live in the US on Aug 9th (ie next week!). Only 240 Protos spread out across the USA to start. Yet, there's no sign of the Z's for Canada???

Facebook Z Forum