Nissan 370z

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I downloaded, and printed the manual out some time ago. There’s a lot of good info in it. Recommended reading 😊
Glad I'm not the only one! Enjoy your Z. We expect photos.

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
Glad I'm not the only one! Enjoy your Z. We expect photos.
As soon as I get it, photos will be sent! Although as the management at Nissan were so kind as to let me have the first one there. I told them that I would leave it in their showroom for a couple of weeks. That way they can take pictures, and show it to other customers. I owe them that much. Oh and I already bought some Michelin Pilot 4 S’s summer tires to be put on the car as soon as it arrives. I figured that my new car deserves to stick to the road. 😊

OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
As soon as I get it, photos will be sent! Although as the management at Nissan were so kind as to let me have the first one there. I told them that I would leave it in their showroom for a couple of weeks. That way they can take pictures, and show it to other customers. I owe them that much. Oh and I already bought some Michelin Pilot 4 S’s summer tires to be put on the car as soon as it arrives. I figured that my new car deserves to stick to the road. 😊
Psssssh….mine was the first one at that dealership I bought it from and I picked it up THAT EVENING it was delivered! 🤣👍🏼

despicableZ

First Name
Journey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
During the first 1,200 miles (2,000 km), follow these recommendations to obtain maximum engine performance and ensure the future reliability and economy of your new vehicle. Failure to follow these recommendations may result in shortened engine life and reduced engine performance. . Avoid driving for long periods at constant speed, either fast or slow. Do not run the engine over 4,000 rpm. . Do not accelerate at full throttle in any gear. . Avoid quick starts. . Avoid hard braking as much as possible

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
this is another reason why I want to find my Z semi close to home as driving it back home a super long distance hours and hours at a constant interstate speed probably isnt optimal.

so here is a a pretty interesting break in story while we are ont he subject .... so my GTR NISMO was the first actual production car built so it go a bunch of extra quality control at the factory. part of the usual GTR testing is at the Togichi factory were the Z and it are built they do like 7 laps at a test track to bed in the brakes ect check everything out. usually these cars have 20 or so miles on them where the Z has maybe 5-10. well my NISMO had 71 miles on it from the factory test track and they even installed a standard exhaust on it before the test then returned it to the factory for the titanium so the tips wouldnt turn blue during the testing. there is a little note with the settings in the center console that shows it was installed after 70 miles.... so that means it was broken in pretty hard in japan before I even got it :oops:

PXL_20230224_001008539.jpg

Last edited:

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Full send it immediately and often. More than likely it's already broken in before it hits the dealership. Your piston rings and various seals will thank you.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
this is another reason why I want to find my Z semi close to home as driving it back home a super long distance hours and hours at a constant interstate speed probably isnt optimal.
Currently on a long road trip. I don't see any problem taking a brand new vehicle on a road trip.
Speeds, loads, gears, rpms, are constantly changing. It's not like you're driving on a closed, level track at a locked-in gear and a set speed.

In fact, I think a long road trip is better than starting/stopping the engine frequently on short trips.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
I have never owned a Nissan- yet. And if you are worried about warranty follow the book.

On other platforms I usually break in hard. The car in my profile pic was bought on a Wednesday, and I did 2 tracks days that weekend. 20k miles 90% track 3 years so far....

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I have never owned a Nissan- yet. And if you are worried about warranty follow the book.

On other platforms I usually break in hard. The car in my profile pic was bought on a Wednesday, and I did 2 tracks days that weekend. 20k miles 90% track 3 years so far....
An advertisement on why it’s not a good idea to buy second hand sports cars 🤣🤣

Last edited:

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I think lowest miles ive ever tracked or Autoxed a car was maybe 600 miles

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

The manufacturers give journalists brand new cars to track. I don't know where those cars go afterwards, but I do know that modern cars leave the factory with all tolerances in spec, so you should be able to "full send" a new car without too much worry.

But, it's a big chunk of change to buy a new car, and for someone planning on long term ownership, it's reasonable that they'd want to be careful to possibly extend the life of the car.

I mean, even though I agree the car is ready to go from the factory, I'd still feel better buying a used car from a careful owner....