Anyone else experience fuel starvation on the RZ34?

dogunbound

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
I was going down the highway, and a open lane showed up. As one should..., I downshifted and took that chance to floor it almost all the way through 5th gear. I had to stop, so I applied the brakes and balanced the braking force between ABS activation and no ABS activation (approx. 1.2Gs of braking force). Then I swapped lanes and floored it again.

My car ran HOORRIBBLY! It would sputter and almost sounded like something in the car broke. It sounded just like this: . It would sputter like crazy when I was flooring it after hard deceleration.

Is this common? I had about half a tank of gas in there. Does nissan not have baffling in the tank? Seems to be working great almost immediately after I stopped flooring it.

Last edited:

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
How much gas did you have?

1712259759393-bd.png

The Z33 and Z34 (and RZ34) have "saddlebag" style tanks and were notorious for starvation after hard left turns, especially if you were under 1/2 a tank.

OP
OP
dogunbound

dogunbound

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just under half a tank now.

Who.Am.Eye.2716

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
@Houston.RZ34
This is why I hated the BMW E46 for their saddle tank setup. When on track, if the tank was half empty, i would get fuel starvation on hard lefts.

In this case, it was stop and go situation. The saddle tank wouldnt effect the "Fuel Starvation", since no left to right G Force was present