Android Auto for the new Z -- wireless or wired?

csb5150

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
lawyer
I have seen conflicting reports -- I know there is Android Auto "compatibility" but is it wireless or not? I don't really care if it is a wired connection (especially if it charges during the wired connection). The Supra does not have Android Auto and none of the Porsche models have Android Auto.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I have seen conflicting reports -- I know there is Android Auto "compatibility" but is it wireless or not? I don't really care if it is a wired connection (especially if it charges during the wired connection). The Supra does not have Android Auto and none of the Porsche models have Android Auto.
Cause android sucks that’s why :)

jayhawk70

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1973 Datsun 240Z, 1993 Nissan 300ZX
Occupation
gainfully unemployed.
Android Auto is wired. Apple Carplay is wireless. I tried briefly to get both working (I have a Pixel, wife has an iPhone) but had to quit before I could finish. Won't get back to the car until June.

OP
OP
csb5150

csb5150

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
lawyer
The Android Auto is wired. The location of the USB port on the center console makes it unobtrusive to use. I like the Nissan bluetooth interface as well.

TheyCallMeStino

First Name
Stino
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nissan Z, '91 Dodge Stealth RT/TT, '06 WRX
Been using Android Auto (wired) without issues for the past few days. I like it! Just plug in the phone and hit a button on the cars display, and yes it keep the phone charged too.

spicy_z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Sti, Nissan Z
Android Auto is wired. Apple Carplay is wireless. I tried briefly to get both working (I have a Pixel, wife has an iPhone) but had to quit before I could finish. Won't get back to the car until June.
Struggling to get Apple CarPlay to be wireless. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong. How did you get it to connect? For some reason my performance Z only allows wired Apple CarPlay :(

jayhawk70

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1973 Datsun 240Z, 1993 Nissan 300ZX
Occupation
gainfully unemployed.
Struggling to get Apple CarPlay to be wireless. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong. How did you get it to connect? For some reason my performance Z only allows wired Apple CarPlay :(
Have not really tried. My wife has an iPhone, but I've got a Pixel and since I'm the primary driver, we have not bothered to try. On the Z, its so convenient to just connect with a short cable that I don't see much value in trying to set up the wireless Apple CarPlay.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
For me, connecting the iPhone wirelessly was pretty seamless and now it auto-connects to CarPlay when I start the car with the iPhone in my pocket...I don't have to do anything.

spicy_z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Sti, Nissan Z
For me, connecting the iPhone wirelessly was pretty seamless and now it auto-connects to CarPlay when I start the car with the iPhone in my pocket...I don't have to do anything.
Thank you!!! That’s all the reassurance I need. I’ll try to figure this one out , it shouldn’t be too difficult now knowing it’s possible and available :)