Aftermarket LSD on a Sport Z?

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
It also has a lot less power. You'd have more of a point if the 3 liter didn't have an LSD.
No, that point stands just fine. 255hp is enough to enjoy the benefits of an LSD over an open diff.

The same people whining and griping about the Z Performance's price point need to acknowledge that the Z Sport absolutely nukes the base model Supra in value.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
No, that point stands just fine. 255hp is enough to enjoy the benefits of an LSD over an open diff.

The same people whining and griping about the Z Performance's price point need to acknowledge that the Z Sport absolutely nukes the base model Supra in value.
Yup.

86 twins have much less power and have LSD.

I watched the videos of the Sport being launched, and it didn't seem to one wheel peel at all. They'd then launch a Performance and it seemed exactly the same, right down to the tires barking through the first 3 gears. In good weather, for straight line use the Sport may be ok.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
My point is that both base models are stripped down, but the sport Z is a better starting point imo. It's much easier and cheaper to add LSD to a Z than it is to swap in a B58 into the 4-banger Supra as some on the other forum have wanted to do.

Oh, it for sure does. I never said anything different. The base Supra sits at a complete shit price point as well.

Most vehicles would benefit from an LSD. At a certain power level it becomes more of a necessity in a sense.

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
And the last time I checked it was even more expensive at $43.5k. The MSRP price differences alone should cover the cost of an aftermarket LSD on the Z.
The issue with that is most of them come with the safely technology package or whatever its called and that brings the total up to like $47k+.

Even @Guff who is a big proponent of the 2.0 and spent a whole with one also says it needs a LSD.