A Legend Returns: New Acura Integra Coming for a New Generation

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Plus Point: There a manual/"stick-shift"!

Minus Points: Basically everything else ... it's a bit ugly, it's got four doors, it's got a silly screen poking up above the dashboard, ...

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Acura always manage to disappoint somehow.
I was so looking forward to the new TLX.
It finally came. Underpowered and over-weight.
Sad.

Jdawg_89

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6, 335i
Occupation
Engineer
The enthusiast crowd was obviously first to put down their deposits and naturally opted for the manual. But given the car is basically a Civic Si thats slightly more luxurious and heavier, will be interesting to see the take rate on transmissions after it goes on sale.

Also noting the only other transmission choice is a CVT, a baffling decision for a luxury/sports starting at above $30K. The fact that they didn't include a DCT like the outgoing ILX shows Honda didn't give two ?'s about making the Integra stand out.

JoeTX

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bike
Occupation
Broker/ Software Engineer
is it me or does it look like a Honda Civic? either way it's trash ?

splatrd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy Silverado, Chevy Camaro SS, Mustang Ecoboost
is it me or does it look like a Honda Civic? either way it's trash ?
It is a Civic essentially. It always was a Civic underneath. What is wrong to me is that it is a 4 door. The original, which I had, was a 3 door coupe/hatch. Apparently, Japan already gets the coupe version. I am holding out for that preferably as Type S based on the Civic Type R. Sadly, I doubt the US will ever get it. Like so many other cool cars that are limited to overseas. Fat, lazy, cheeseburger eating Americans only seem to want fat overweight SUVs and 4 door trucks. With current gas prices, I really want something akin to the 1991 Civic CRX that got 40 MPG and weighed around 2K Lbs.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Buying massive SUVs is pretty much a worldwide thing. Too many people stupidly think bigger means safer, which isn't necessarily true (especially in the early days of SUVs where they had a bad tendency to roll over). The real question though is whether most people actually wanted them or wether the car industry thought they did - at one point there were very few "normal" cars you could buy because everyone was making SUVs and crossovers.