A Legend Returns: New Acura Integra Coming for a New Generation

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I had a 94 back in the day. I’ll try to upload pics. Was hella fun. No interest whatsoever in this new model.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Since there's only a "limited supply", you're unlikely to see that many "on the road this spring".
If we're gonna be honest, I'd love to see NONE on the road this spring, or ever. At least until they stop tarnishing the Integra heritage

I'm also going to try and do myself a favor and ignore the fact this car was announced in the FALL of last year and they're opening reservations for it in MARCH of this year—a span of what, 6 months? when we've been waiting...oh never mind

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
There's people online defending the new Integra being a rebadged Civic as "exactly the same formula as always" I don't feel like joining those forums, but that sentiment is soooooo wrong.

The old Integra were very loosely based on a platform shared with the Civic, however there was almost zero overlap between them. For instance:

The bodies were completely different. Civic hatch and Integra 3 door were totally different form factor.

Integra sedan had frameless door windows, despite being kinda similar layout as Civic sedan.

In profile, you couldn't see the relationship between Civic and Integra. On the new Integra, it's so damn obvious.

Engines were totally different. For the longest time, Integra had DOHC engines whilst Civic was SOHC. And, these weren't even related engines, B series and D series were separate. Only shared basic mounting points and some harness parts.

Integra, especially Gen 1 and Gen 3 had very distinct design. Flip up headlights for Gen 1, 4 round headlights Gen 3. Not shared with any other Acura, unlike the new Integra.

This latest Integra is little more than badge engineering and corporate Acura SUV face that's on every Acura except NSX.

They may get reservations on this car, if only for the fact that any decent car is in short supply. I think they'll get mostly automatic transmission reservations, I expect MT enthusiasts to look elsewhere.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I just received an email from Acura regarding this car.

They still haven't released trim details.

Wouldn't it be a shocker if an AWD 2.0t 6MT is available? I may just change my tune.....

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Acura is just phoning it in at this point.
Corporate Acura SUV face.

Corporate Honda Civic drivetrain.

Neither of those were true of previous Integra. They have sullied the name, they should have let the name be in retirement. This car is nothing more than a next gen ILX. Actually, even less? Didn't the ILX at least have an unavailable-in-Civic 8DCT??