bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
what? it jumped 200 cars? had no idea. :oops:
The highest serial number saw a big jump, and there was an influx of about 80 cars last week. The serial number sequence has big gaps, presumably because cars aren't yet allocated, or the same space is used for non-US markets.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
The highest serial number saw a big jump, and there was an influx of about 80 cars last week. The serial number sequence has big gaps, presumably because cars aren't yet allocated, or the same space is used for non-UD markets.

just found this one. havent been on nissanusa in a week or so

JN1BZ4BH9PM312185

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Still seems like small potatoes.

in the big scheme of things it is but I thought the production was going to end up in the 1800's based on what we were seeing. still very small compared to almost anything it competes with in the market

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Basically nothing changes except what's avail on the Nismo. The 9AT-only offering could possibly be that the manual can't handle any additional power, albeit only 15 hp or so, but I'd guess Nismo will be modded/raced more so Nissan knew the limitations, and the 9AT is more robust. If it is PDK/ DC type I would mind less in today's world. I still want my 3 pedals, ugh!!!

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Basically nothing changes except what's avail on the Nismo. The 9AT-only offering could possibly be that the manual can't handle any additional power, albeit only 15 hp or so, but I'd guess Nismo will be modded/raced more so Nissan knew the limitations, and the 9AT is more robust. If it is PDK/ DC type I would mind less in today's world. I still want my 3 pedals, ugh!!!
Ive seen quite a few people with manuals who've added more than 15hp without issues. I dont think thats the problem. I think its simply a matter of lap times and manual was slower.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

im almost 100% certain the reason for auto was to take advantage of and improve on the Sport Mode that manual Zs dont have. the NISMOness of the car is going to focus on the new sport mode + .... through sport mode you can adjust the engine response power steering feedback and VDC. a manual Z doesnt have any of this besides the rev matching

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
im almost 100% certain the reason for auto was to take advantage of and improve on the Sport Mode that manual Zs dont have. the NISMOness of the car is going to focus on the new sport mode + .... through sport mode you can adjust the engine response power steering feedback and VDC. a manual Z doesnt have any of this besides the rev matching
The steering response and VDC control are just software though. Engine response also. It would be easy to add a Sport+ mode to a manual if they really wanted to.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The steering response and VDC control are just software though. Engine response also. It would be easy to add a Sport+ mode to a manual if they really wanted to.
Agreed thats very true but when they developed the cars they left D-mode totally off the manual and just gave it a rev matching button so that bed was made a few years ago and I don't see them changing it. Manuals and Autos have totally different exhausts too I wonder if that plays a role in Sport mode even though there is no mechanical valve example

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
2023 Z 6MT, 2021 Supra 3.0 AT, 2014 Toyota 86 6MT
Occupation
Media Production
They weirdly didn't stick with Z tradition with cycling paint codes. Typically they add a color and remove a color.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They weirdly didn't stick with Z tradition with cycling paint codes. Typically they add a color and remove a color.
there was something confusing about what was possibly a different yellowish orange(?) that seemed to be in the 2024 Z parts catalogue but it didnt show up on the order guide so im not even sure what it was. could be there is a new color and the material I have is incomplete or it was just something misleading with the parts. might have to wait for a press release here pretty soon to know for sure.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
there was something confusing about what was possibly a different yellowish orange(?) that seemed to be in the 2024 Z parts catalogue but it didnt show up on the order guide so im not even sure what it was. could be there is a new color and the material I have is incomplete or it was just something misleading with the parts. might have to wait for a press release here pretty soon to know for sure.

👀

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
imo nismo only comes in Auto as the advertised numbers for a manual would be laughable. i think the manual is currently at 4.5 and auto at 4.3 0-60.... making a nismo in manual would probably drop the manual time to 4.3 and only match a stock auto... hard to justify the 10k price increase on that but thats just my opinion... plus like the 370z the manual guys will just buy the body kit and call it a day