2023 Nissan Z Tyre pressure

Madgud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z
Hi everyone,
I was wondering what tyre pressure you guys run at on the 2023 Nissan Z. The manufacturer's recommendations seems quite low to me. I used to run at 40-42psi on previous cars like the Nissan S15 for example.

Perhaps there's a reason for the new Z to have lower tyre pressure. Not sure.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Tire pressure PSI.

PSI * sum(contact_patch_areas) = vehicle weight.
If the tires are wider (i.e. bigger patch area), PSI usually gets lower. The new Z has pretty wide tires.

Owners can adjust PSI to fit their needs.

Last edited:

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I usually fill to one PSI over, and then fill again when it gets down to the recommended pressure. It's not much, but it prevents the tires from ever being low.

I love the tire pressure display in the Z. My G37 had TPMS as well, but only a binary "it's low* signal. The Z's display is often on my dashboard.

First Name
Titan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
The dealer has my rear tires inflated to 35 PSI and it seems like too much as the rear slides out fairly easy. I am going to lower mine to about 30 and see what it feels like.

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
32 Front / 29 Rear - in the official Nissan video - looks like a yellow proto z - 19" tires - pause video @ 25 second mark.

Tire size / vehicle weight dictates tire pressure . . .

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Sales Advisor
32 Front / 29 Rear - in the official Nissan video - looks like a yellow proto z - 19" tires - pause video @ 25 second mark.

Tire size / vehicle weight dictates tire pressure . . .

thanks for this video, I used to inflate tires after they have warmed up not when they're cold so when they aare cold they would always show 1-2 PSI less. I will inflate them now when they're cold.

ohmyfairladyz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
And do you find the car slides more easily around corner or not?
No it feels similar to air filled tires. I wouldn't fill with nirto again. If the tire goes under pressure i cannot find anywhere to refill it and the dealer is about an hour away from me

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Sales Advisor
No it feels similar to air filled tires. I wouldn't fill with nirto again. If the tire goes under pressure i cannot find anywhere to refill it and the dealer is about an hour away from me
I used to fill mine with Nitrogen but also stopped for the same reason. Topping them up is a pain in the butt.

Speaking of topping up, I bought this portable tire inflator a couple of days ago, works like a charm and now I don't need to drive up to the gas station or tire shop to top up my tires. Also nice to have for emergencies even though it's slow, it can at least get you going if you were in a situation where you tire pressure was very low. You have to inflate the tyres with +3 PSI from the tire pressure that appears on the device VS what's shown in the car, tested on a BMW X3 and my Z, both needed 3 more PSI but all good.

UGREEN Portable Air Compressor

ScreenShot18.png