ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
That was worth it. He's owned the Supra, a Boxster, and several Mustangs, and prefers the Z as a daily to all of them. Wow. Between this and Topher's positive takes I am swinging back into the Z column and away from the (unobtainable right now) GR86.
Damn... how long has he owned the Z?

#trolling #lol

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Why still no driving review from The Straight Pipes? Those guys had this initial earlier look at the Z (link below). Nissan gave them the access. But since then ... radio silence. I like their reviews and was looking forward to their driving take on the Z.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Why still no driving review from The Straight Pipes? Those guys had this initial earlier look at the Z (link below). Nissan gave them the access. But since then ... radio silence. I like their reviews and was looking forward to their driving take on the Z.

This car was at a Nissan Studio (showroom) open to public for a period of time. They only had early (?) access.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
This car was at a Nissan Studio (showroom) open to public for a period of time. They only had early (?) access.
Yep I know, but since then lots of people have had further access and done driving reviews. Even screwball "influencers" who I don't know why Nissan even gave them access.

I'm curious why The Straight Pipes have not had a follow-up driving review, like so many of the other reviewers. Those guys typically do a lot of reviews.

Edit: Or maybe as jezzza mentioned, Canada location could be the reason?

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
I've dozed off in mine, for sure, and it would have basically identical interior dimensions to the new Z (though I can't say if the seating position is exactly the same). It's certainly not something one would want to do without it being truly necessary. Having said that, the storage space is certainly adequate but that is really subjective based upon individual needs. I only transport a briefcase, two basketballs/workout gear (in the hatch-mounted cargo net), and a beach bag/cooler/umbrella with any regularity.

Don't sleep in your Z, folks 🤣

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
https://www.kbb.com/car-news/a-day-with-the-2023-nissan-z/

"This all-new Z, now formally known by its one-letter name, brings all the best that came before it, an appropriate amount of the latest safety and tech features, and a heavy dose of head-turning design and surprising value. And power. A lot of power.

I can’t think of another sports car that begins at $40,000, packs 400 horsepower, and brings the kind of visual punch and driver’s seat fun that can be had in a day with the new Nissan Z."

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
Imo more JDM muscle car than sports car. The weight, the power, acceleration, most importantly, the look. I don't see editors saying it handles or performs better than the Supra. Now that is a bona fide sports car.

GR86 too. People will buy this car primarily for the looks and power on paper. The two Toyotas are better sports cars so it comes dow to what you want because you can't have it all.

For the record it would be a tough decision between the three if I we're in the market. I got my 10r80 5.0 because I wanted more car (power potential) for $30k. Nothing new under $40k can be built to outdo those two in acceleration except for the Z. I expect it to be a driver's race dollar for dollar and the superior power to weight ratio of the Z to break a lot of hearts. Not to mention turbo performance in the cooler months.

That 3.5 final drive in the manual is gonna be good and is just right. Tbh I'd get a base, add a shorter gear, lsd, and go fbo on corn.