FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Could be pre-production situation. I wouldn't mind if the Z roof/hatch surfaces are actually black vinyl wrap.

My son installed wrap on our dash. Looks great, reasonable cost, so much easier to apply (and remove) compared to paint. Wrap would give the option of sticking with black, or removing to have all one paint color (assuming roof/hatch are painted same as rest of body panels). And on those rather flat Z surfaces, should be easy to replace down the road if needed.

I always thought wrap was a gimmick - until we tried it. Now count me as a fan of wrap. Planning to buy a cheap sheet off Amazon, and try on my old Land Rover door rather than paying for a paint spray. If it works out I'll do the entire vehicle myself (lots of flat surfaces) in wrap.
I believe that car (I saw the same car) was a pre-pro because when they started and revved it they commented that it didn't have the sound enhancement yet...i.e. piping the engine exhaust in through the bose system.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I believe that car (I saw the same car) was a pre-pro because when they started and revved it they commented that it didn't have the sound enhancement yet...i.e. piping the engine exhaust in through the bose system.
I'll be right pissed if the only reason for the delay is they're waiting for the sound enhancement chip! 🤣

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ Nah. The delay is due to waiting for Crazy Frog to be available to record the "vroom vroom" noises, as in that recent video. ;)

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
The black on the hatch is not painted it is a wrap and you can feel a definite edge between the painted surface and the wrap. It woudn't suprise me if the roof might also be a wrap.
The black around the hatch on two-tone cars is indeed wrapped.
(pic by Norris Prayoonto)

333246086_3374999786099318_4679291209562992643_n.jpg

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
it says two tone super black paint

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z

Few people believed that when I said it but it was quite obvious when we saw the car at the dealer last May.Most of the people there were quite dissapointed.Again Nissan taking the cheap route.Infact what gave it away was the peeling at the edge under the hatch.That's why I ordered gunmetal.They would have been better off using a fake carbon wrap on the roof.This car keeps screaming cheap.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Just got back from seeing the Z at my local dealer and the car looks way better in person.I think the interior is considerably nicer than the 350Z and better than the 370Z.I have the gun metallic on pre order and after seeing the red interior wished it was available.The red is not solid red it has black within the leather grain and looks good.The quality of the paint is very good.I am glad I didn't get one with the black roof.The black on the hatch is not painted it is a wrap and you can feel a definite edge between the painted surface and the wrap. It woudn't suprise me if the roof might also be a wrap.The nissan rep that brought the car wasn't sure about the roof.Of course no mention of pricing or availability.
I sure hope the entire roof is NOT wrapped, that is false advertising by Nissan, fooling the consumer from it being actual painted. I wonder how long is the warranty on peeling, on that hatch area? Cheaped out for sure!

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I sure hope the entire roof is NOT wrapped, that is false advertising by Nissan, fooling the consumer from it being actual painted. I wonder how long is the warranty on peeling, on that hatch area? Cheaped out for sure!
I mean, to be fair. It's the cheaper way to do it. However nothing has specified that it's actually paint. Even in the press kit, it's just listed as two-tone, with a "super black roof".

" The new 2023 Z is available in three monotone exterior colors – Black Diamond Metallic, Gun Metallic and Rosewood Metallic. The new Z is also offered with a two-tone exterior, including six colors combined with a Super Black roof: Brilliant Silver, Boulder Gray, new Seiran Blue, new Ikazuchi Yellow, Passion Red TriCoat and Everest White Pearl TriCoat. "

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I mean, to be fair. It's the cheaper way to do it. However nothing has specified that it's actually paint. Even in the press kit, it's just listed as two-tone, with a "super black roof".

" The new 2023 Z is available in three monotone exterior colors – Black Diamond Metallic, Gun Metallic and Rosewood Metallic. The new Z is also offered with a two-tone exterior, including six colors combined with a Super Black roof: Brilliant Silver, Boulder Gray, new Seiran Blue, new Ikazuchi Yellow, Passion Red TriCoat and Everest White Pearl TriCoat. "
I get that, but normally when an automaker specifies 'two-tone' it implies two-tone painted. Someone chime in on that roof to confirm. Really disappointed on that hatch.

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
Lol guess nissan really wants buyers to go for the Zupra?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
So, Toyota has been selling black-topped cars too, the Camry and Corolla being two that I'm aware of. I wonder if they are painted or wrapped?

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z

Sorry I don't understand?
Are you saying the black is not paint but a wrap and the pic you posted is with the black removed?

If anything that pic looks like the hatch has been wrapped white, the spoiler and katana wrapped black.

another pic of said car
1677534298705.png

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired

jc604