Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Cnet's Road Show ran a story today about the Nissan Ariya being delayed, due to chip shortages, until 2022 with reservations beginning later this year. Since that's Nissans Flagship electric SUV I'm assuming it might even get priority when it comes to semiconductor allocation. I wonder what this means for the Z.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Cnet's Road Show ran a story today about the Nissan Ariya being delayed, due to chip shortages, until 2022 with reservations beginning later this year. Since that's Nissans Flagship electric SUV I'm assuming it might even get priority when it comes to semiconductor allocation. I wonder what this means for the Z.
I don’t see the chip shortage affecting it too greatly.
Again I’m not an expert and I’m not an insider....but Nissan stated that they would make 5000 less cars this year compared to last due to the chip issue.
Now that sounds like massive amounts, and it is in terms of revenue for the company, but as a total number it represents only around 10 percent difference in total units from 2020

Also have to weigh up saleability.
The Ariya, is a niche market, particularly in Australia where distance between towns is big and charging stations are still next to non existent ( not sure about US but I’m guessing it would be similar) In Aus electric cars are also still very expensive and not everyone sees the value in them.
The Z too is a niche market, expensive but exciting...so car enthusiasts want one.
In their respective classes there is a lot more competition for the Ariya than the Z ( being one of the very few sports cars still available in manual) and the Z has a massive fan base that the Ariya just does not have, and will probably never have. It’s an untested car in terms of popularity and Nissan will be looking for secure bets not untested ones.
The Z has the potential to resurrect Nissan, not just through sales from people like us but because of brand image both on the road and in the showroom, every Z on launch has been popular, they know it’s cash in the bank.

And this is what I was saying earlier...to me it makes sense. You have a shortage of chips and possibly covid still playing a part. Release the car, take pre orders early, produce only what you need...and a handful extra for the dealers to fang around in and help sell.
That way your not wasting chips, resources or man power.

Regardless, I believe the Z will be here, all be it in small numbers to start with due to chip issues, whenever they are ready to do so ....at least that’s what I hope

GOTTHEFUZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Kia K5, 2021Kia forte GT, 2012 Mustang 5.0
Occupation
CNC machinist in the military Aerospace industry
I don't care when this car comes out, I don't care about the the colors, don't care about the grill, or the brakes.

all I wanna know is if it's gonna be around 35k base or if it's gonna be 40k+ base. The aftermarket will gladly change everything else, but they can't change the price of the car.

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Regardless, I believe the Z will be here, all be it in small numbers to start with due to chip issues, whenever they are ready to do so ....at least that’s what I hope
And I hope silverchair gives us another album

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
I don't care when this car comes out, I don't care about the the colors, don't care about the grill, or the brakes.

all I wanna know is if it's gonna be around 35k base or if it's gonna be 40k+ base. The aftermarket will gladly change everything else, but they can't change the price of the car.
Agreed! Give me that VR engine and a proven platform for 35k or even 40k. That’s all that matters at this point

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Not for the first 3 albums!
The 4th one was ok
The 5th, let us never speak of it again
In other news I was just reading an article from January 2021...it reads

“On Tuesday Nissan spokesperson Dan Passe confirmed to Motor Authority that sales of the 2020 Nissan 370Z will be extended into the 2021 model year while the world waits for the new Z car expected for 2022.”

The 370z has now been removed from Nissan web sights in the US (so you guys tell me)
So was there ever any 2021 models made?

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1131059_there-is-no-2021-nissan-370z

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
To Mr. Dan Passe, I'm considering a trip to the Chicago Auto Show next month just to see the new Z. I realize there is a lot about the new car that can't be revealed yet, but can you confirm or deny there will be a Z at the show so I don't wast a trip?

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
Last edited:

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
fliplover,
Please snap more pics and share them here.

You probably want to bring long lens... :)
Not sure you can get too close to it.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Reveal date - Tuesday, August 17, 2021 - New York City (and it'll be online as well).

We CANNOT wait!

Reveal date - Tuesday, August 17, 2021 - New York City (and it'll be online as well).

We CANNOT wait!

ITS GO TIME BABY!!!

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
QX60 that was unveiled today has the MB 9 speed in it.

They also pulled a "Z35" and it uses the same chassis as the previous model but with better interior and facias.....I wonder if they will do the same with the Q50 and Q60?

August 17th will be interesting.