Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
The QX60/Pathfinder 9 Speed is a ZF trans. The Titan/Frontier/Z 9 Speed is a Jatco unit.

The Rogue is still a Jatco CVT.
Are they not one in the same? Reading through the forum there seems to be a lot of debate on this.

The following from Wiki.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_9G-Tronic_transmission

Non Mercedes-Benz models
Manufactured by JATCO, Ltd as the JR913E under license from Daimler AG.

Nissan

Sighard

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
89 240sx,07 Versa,12 F150 ecoboost,18 Civic Si
Occupation
Retired Army
All of this sounds realistic. I understand the Nismo is going to be all-wheel drive. Essentially a baby GT-R. When the GT-R was released, it had 480hp (now it's 565), and the Nismo will be close to that. I understand it was going to be automatic-only, but Nissan got hounded to offer the Nismo with a manual. We'll see.
I do recall in the video that had the Renault French Executive, and the Nissan 300z designer. Somewhere in that video they did state the automatic would be faster than the manual. But if you just want the manual go for it. Maybe a slap-shift style automatic, where the driver dictates shift points.

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
Hey @Houston.Z35 . After all the grief and aggravation you have received about this thread, here's a little vindication for you. These are apparently the versions being offered in the Japan domestic market. ?

https://creative311.com/?p=132056

1641416885224.png
Kind of wish they would've went this route in the US market. I don't need leather seats, just the performance goodies.

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Kind of wish they would've went this route in the US market. I don't need leather seats, just the performance goodies.
In Canada, we tend to only get fully optioned cars which are nicely equipped but increases the cost…

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO

GOTTHEFUZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Kia K5, 2021Kia forte GT, 2012 Mustang 5.0
Occupation
CNC machinist in the military Aerospace industry

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Hey @Houston.Z35 . After all the grief and aggravation you have received about this thread, here's a little vindication for you. These are apparently the versions being offered in the Japan domestic market. ?

https://creative311.com/?p=132056

1641416885224.png
These are the same/very similar levels the 370z was offered in, and if the Z is offered this way in Japan, it'll very very close to what they'll offer here.

On 370z:
Base - Base ((18'wheels, base brakes, no spoiler, manual (no-rev match) or AT, standard audio, cloth only)
Version S - Sport (Rays Wheels + Akebonos + Spoiler, Rev match Manual or AT, Cloth, standard audio)
Version T - Touring (18'wheels, manual (no-rev match) or AT, Leather/Bose, Optional Navigation)
Version ST: Sport/Touring: (Rays + Akebonos + Spoiler, Rev Match manual/AT, Leather/Bose, Optional Navigation)

Just translate to Nissan USA Speak:
Japan to USA
Base = Sport
Version S = Performance
Version T = Sport + Leather/Bose
Version ST = Performance + Leather/Bose

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
These are the same/very similar levels the 370z was offered in, and if the Z is offered this way in Japan, it'll very very close to what they'll offer here.

On 370z:
Base - Base ((18'wheels, base brakes, no spoiler, manual (no-rev match) or AT, standard audio, cloth only)
Version S - Sport (Rays Wheels + Akebonos + Spoiler, Rev match Manual or AT, Cloth, standard audio)
Version T - Touring (18'wheels, manual (no-rev match) or AT, Leather/Bose, Optional Navigation)
Version ST: Sport/Touring: (Rays + Akebonos + Spoiler, Rev Match manual/AT, Leather/Bose, Optional Navigation)

Just translate to Nissan USA Speak:
Japan to USA
Base = Sport
Version S = Performance
Version T = Sport + Leather/Bose
Version ST = Performance + Leather/Bose
Except, not this time....the Z34.5 has an "All or Nothing" approach.

Sport (Base)
Performance (Everything)

The only saving grace is in 2022, Base actually isn't so bad - comes with a helluvalot more than the 350Z or 370Z base did.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Except, not this time....the Z34.5 has an "All or Nothing" approach.

Sport (Base)
Performance (Everything)

The only saving grace is in 2022, Base actually isn't so bad - comes with a helluvalot more than the 350Z or 370Z base did.
At least you get two plus Proto…we only get 1 and Proto….and protos have already been all sold…so we have one

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
At least you get two plus Proto…we only get 1 and Proto….and protons have already been all sold…so we have one
curious as to what the price difference is between them.
can you order the proto, then step down if it's too costly?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
curious as to what the price difference is between them.
can you order the proto, then step down if it's too costly?
We have no pricing…only an estimate of around 70k for normal and 80k for Proto, but that is purely speculation.

I asked my dealer the same question…he said your holding your spot for that particular car, and he believes Nissan is filling orders in order of reservation. Sooo if you want to step down you most probably could, but you’d be at the back of the line and would get what’s left…if there is anything left by the time it gets here…I doubt there will be