First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Your crazy if you buy a manual transmission that’s untested in the real world from BMW ….it’ll cost you later down the track, and it won’t be cheap
my daily is a fancy BMW F1 transmission from 2002

I think BMW knows what they are doing
:)

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
It's actually Portimao blue from the M3 and M4. https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1805700
I wasn’t suggesting it was the exact blue just how ironic the supra‘s coming out with a manual and the popular colour of the Z. The supra is Hella fast but I believe the Z is trying to harness and bring back the old-school feel of analogue sports cars. And that’s the thing that feels good even at 50 miles an hour.

romanLegion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
One dude has put 75k miles on the Supra with no issues, just regular maintenance. I also perused the F30 BMW forums to get more intel on commuter cars with the B58, and no real issues to report. Basically all wounds were self-inflicted (some JB4 overboosted turbos that blew up). It seems like Toyota's reliability insights into the B58 platform have made it a stout engine.

romanLegion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
The supra is Hella fast but I believe the Z is trying to harness and bring back the old-school feel of analogue sports cars. And that’s the thing that feels good even at 50 miles an hour.
I certainly hope so.

I wasn’t suggesting it was the exact blue just how ironic the supra‘s coming out with a manual and the popular colour of the Z.
Downshift and refraction blue were rare and coveted colors on the '20 and '21, with no blue option for '22s. I think its just Toyota seeing the popularity of blue on this generation, not copying off the Z. The manual, however, is partly coming because all the reviewers complained it didn't have one and that the Z has one.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
I certainly hope so.

Downshift and refraction blue were rare and coveted colors on the '20 and '21, with no blue option for '22s. I think its just Toyota seeing the popularity of blue on this generation, not copying off the Z. The manual, however, is partly coming because all the reviewers complained it didn't have one and that the Z has one.
I disagree… It’s just a little too convenient. And the way they are dressed and retuned the traction so that the diff doesn’t step out and snap out around hard turns like Savagegeese complained

Last edited:

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
One dude has put 75k miles on the Supra with no issues, just regular maintenance. I also perused the F30 BMW forums to get more intel on commuter cars with the B58, and no real issues to report. Basically all wounds were self-inflicted (some JB4 overboosted turbos that blew up). It seems like Toyota's reliability insights into the B58 platform have made it a stout engine.
i have owned several BMWs and the engines and tranny have been solid. electrical issues on the other hand.... 🤑💸 lol

romanLegion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
i have owned several BMWs and the engines and tranny have been solid. electrical issues on the other hand.... 🤑💸 lol
German cars have had complicated electrics for many years now, but with modern cars, I expect any bad installation can cause lots of things to go haywire, since so many subsystems are integrated.

I especially expect to hear this when people poorly DIY or cheap out on electrical work (especially underglow).