2020 Mid-Engine Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Starts at $59,995

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
The back half of the c8 just looks too awkward. Mid engine is supposed to give great proportions but they decided the storage for golf clubs was more important hahaha
That alone makes me want to barf ?

But yeah, if they decreased the size of the rear end to balance out the proportions and toned down the try-hard over-styling, I'd like it a lot more.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I had a close call similar to this years ago. I was passing someone on the highway and right as I pulled out, they hit their brakes and turn signal at the same time, then a couple seconds later started turning left in front of me. I’m still not sure how I missed hitting them.
That's never happened to me, but I've thought about it when passing on the left on a road with driveways on the left in a legal passing zone. Obviously there are different factors in play in any accident, but I could see it very likely being a 50/50 responsibility. The person passing should make sure that they are doing so safely, as should the car turning left since they need to be aware that a car can legally be in the left lane behind and beside them. If not 50/50 then maybe it comes down to when the car turning signaled, if at all, and how abrupt the turn was.

I try to limit passing a max of 2 cars at a time and usually hesitate for a second to see if the car in front of me has any intention to pass first. Sometimes having a loud car helps as people may hear what you're doing before they see it. It can work against you though, as I've had trucks drive down the middle of the road so that I can't pass or have attempted to run me off the road as I'm passing them. People are weird.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Got excited about these getting released her in Oz. Not anymore....
IMG_8252.jpg
What did you really expect….I mean the Emira triple the cost of the US
So many cars to buy if they were being sold the same as the US with just the currency conversion …sadly that never happens

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
So me and the Corvette have a funny story.....

I've always liked them as a kid (C3, C4) but never lusted after them, once I was old enough to know better about Pushrods and Leaf Springs vs the stuff coming out of Japan - I walked away.....then the C7 came along

I followed the development, I saw the 2013 Jalopnik renders and it had my curiosity. Then the C7 debut blew everyone away - it was a poorman's LF-A with all the functional vents and everything - the C7 is what killed the Gen V Viper before it even had a chance. C7 was really a "C6.5" stopgap to tide us over till the C8 could come out. (fun fact, the C7 was supposed to be the Midengined one).

I haven't lusted over a car so hard since the HR 350Z hit the scene, I was also tired of waiting for a new Z. A lot of Z guys here in Houston graduated from 350s and 370s to the C7. I was about to join the club (Night Race Blue on Black, 2LT, Z51) then......the first C8 mules were spotted in 2016 and at the same time I found out about N54s and how cheap it is to get gains. For 1/2 the money I could go faster (and boy, I did)
1647522386036.jpg

I got an E89 Z4 thinking it'll hold me over as my last FR car - Never had an Inline 6 car, always wanted a hardtop convertible since the 3000GT Spyder came out and now I live in a place where I can daily a Convertible. Took a test drive and on a beautiful day, top down, burbles - I was sold. Traded in my 370Z and got one.

Signed up for the C8 at a local dealer back in 2018....$5,000 deposit. Rode the C8 prerelease hype train for a year or so, then the day comes to pick my C8 up and sign the papers - SUPRISE!!! - a $10k "market adjustment"

Told them to kiss both sides of my ass, walked out.....then the Z was confirmed, finally.

tl;dr I wanted a 'vette real bad for about 7 years, got hit with a 10k markup and walked - decided to "come back home" to Nissan.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
That alone makes me want to barf ?

But yeah, if they decreased the size of the rear end to balance out the proportions and toned down the try-hard over-styling, I'd like it a lot more.
You'll just have to wait for the 2nd gen or 3rd gen mid-engine corvette. I think it looks pretty cool and the rear is slightly bigger and wider than my taste.

Last edited:

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
tl;dr I wanted a 'vette real bad for about 7 years, got hit with a 10k markup and walked - decided to "come back home" to Nissan.
Damn ADMs... Let's hope there's not a plague on both our houses.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You'll just have to wait for the 2nd gen or 3rd gen mid-engine corvette. I think it looks pretty cool and the rear is slightly bigger and wider than my taste.
I will say, the Z06 and C8.R look a lot better to me. The tailight section is still too busy, but the giant wing sorta distracts your attention away from it, and a full-fledged race car is never about subtlety anyways. I want them to put this car in Gran Turismo 7!

r-gtlm-at-the-2021-24-hours-of-daytona_100779445_m.jpg

1200px-DSC8983_%2851577943248%29.jpg

Last edited: