Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
That was painfulā€¦.

The tapping all over the car with fake nails was annoying.

-RJM

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Actually one of the better reviews I've seen. Liked the focus on the underpinnings, inspecting the various components, comparing and contrasting to previous gen. Showed some details not focused on in prior "shaky cam" reviews.

Reminds me when I went to a Ford event to see Bronco for the first time, while people were mostly standing around staring at the vehicle, I was the guy crawling underneath with a measuring tape. I took more photos of the Bronco frame/suspension componentry than the topside.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
She got the final drive ratio incorrect, the 3.133 is for the 9 spd auto, the manual has 3.538 rear end gearing.

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
Her reviews are always interesting - very quirky but she is definitely knowledgable when it comes to cars. Itā€™s always interesting to me when people KNOW something is not as good as another vehicle on paper but still pick it - I was a little shocked she picked this over the Supra. Anyway - thanks for sharing OP

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
She got the final drive ratio incorrect, the 3.133 is for the 9 spd auto, the manual has 3.538 rear end gearing.
Do you think "final drive" is really the differential ratio? In that case, I did the following calculations, to estimate the engine rpm at 70 mph:

AUTOMATIC:
70 mph * 0.597 (top trans gear) * 3.133 (diff gear) * 336 / 26.6 (P275/35R19 tire) = 1,654 rpm

MANUAL:
70 mph * 0.795 (top trans gear) * 3.538 (diff gear) * 336 / 26.6 (P275/35R19 tire) = 2,487 rpm

Looks like there is a significant difference in highway cruising rpm, when comparing the automatic to the manual equipped Z.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
Her reviews are always interesting - very quirky but she is definitely knowledgable when it comes to cars. Itā€™s always interesting to me when people KNOW something is not as good as another vehicle on paper but still pick it - I was a little shocked she picked this over the Supra. Anyway - thanks for sharing OP
I donā€™t think itā€™s that surprising tbh. Sure thereā€™s a significant difference between the two on-track performance, but these are both primarily street cars, and on the street the Z has been mostly praiseworthy. Plus the Z is also cheaper (markups aside).

I feel like people & many reviewers put too much stock into the ā€œnumbersā€, whereas in reality on the street most drivers arenā€™t going to be timing every launch, roll, corner, etc to notice the difference. For an enthusiast car all that really matters is if it has good style & is enjoyable to drive; Smiles per miles, as they say šŸ˜

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
I donā€™t think itā€™s that surprising tbh. Sure thereā€™s a significant difference between the two on-track performance, but these are both primarily street cars, and on the street the Z has been mostly praiseworthy. Plus the Z is also cheaper (markups aside).

I feel like people & many reviewers put too much stock into the ā€œnumbersā€, whereas in reality on the street most drivers arenā€™t going to be timing every launch, roll, corner, etc to notice the difference. For an enthusiast car all that really matters is if it has good style & is enjoyable to drive; Smiles per miles, as they say šŸ˜
I have to agree with this - one of my best friends always asks - 'WHO are you racing etc' when I start talking numbers and always pushes the 'Smiles Per Gallon' vs the numbers debate. One thing you forgot to mention - is that most of us won't be able to match those numbers since they use pros at times, make sure they have the perfect conditions etc. Hence why when you see racing vids online - sometimes the slower car on paper winds up being faster bc the other person mis-shifted or something.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
I have to agree with this - one of my best friends always asks - 'WHO are you racing etc' when I start talking numbers and always pushes the 'Smiles Per Gallon' vs the numbers debate. One thing you forgot to mention - is that most of us won't be able to match those numbers since they use pros at times, make sure they have the perfect conditions etc. Hence why when you see racing vids online - sometimes the slower car on paper winds up being faster bc the other person mis-shifted or something.
That is a very good point too šŸ‘šŸ»; a lot of those review times are after multiple passes/laps/attempts also.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
He (I mean she) really sold it though! Just a joke guys! It's 2022 after all.
ive seen where people comment or questioned this over the years...is there a straight answer? no pun intended

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Her Taco Bell assessment, same ingredients.....yup nailed it! And 'these cars don't age well' I hope the new Z is buttoned up much better than prev gens. The NVH of both 350Z and 370Z were horrible compared to similar in the price range and gets worse over time.