indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
So what's the story, other than the forum member from Indiana who got a Z (and I think one guy in Australia), have any other forum members gotten a new Z? Looking on YouTube, it seems mostly the same old collection of "influencers" who either have a Z, or are still mining their earlier test drives for content.

Are regular people around the USA getting Zs now? Or perhaps in other countries (that aren't small islands in the pacific)? Or did legit something bad happen with the release, and we'll only see a small drip of Z's in the coming months?

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
So what's the story, other than the forum member from Indiana who got a Z (and I think one guy in Australia), have any other forum members gotten a new Z? Looking on YouTube, it seems mostly the same old collection of "influencers" who either have a Z, or are still mining their earlier test drives for content.

Are regular people around the USA getting Zs now? Or perhaps in other countries (that aren't small islands in the pacific)? Or did legit something bad happen with the release, and we'll only see a small drip of Z's in the coming months?
yes

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

A nationwide search on cars.com shows a total of only 39 Zs, with the majority being Proto Spec. I am pretty sure they are all asking over sticker while interest rates are rising and trade-in values are plummeting. Fun times...

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 8.02.19 AM.png

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
A nationwide search on cars.com shows a total of only 39 Zs, with the majority being Proto Spec. I am pretty sure they are all asking over sticker while interest rates are rising and trade-in values are plummeting. Fun times...

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 8.02.19 AM.png
When I checked last week on Nissan's website, there were 3 cars available if I filtered by Nationwide. 2 protos and a sport in Ohio or something. Its so pathetic

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
wonder how many of those were the 240 protos and how many were the other two trims, any info on that?
370Z numbers, bud. Wonder how many were Nismos??

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/g42436779/cool-cars-no-one-bought-2022/

"Nissan issued a stop sale on the automatic verison of the New Z. It's not clear what's going on with the manual version. But regardless, we haven't yet spotted a new Z in the wild.

Cars Sold: 263"
if you read down the list, the q60 was on it too...

The Q60 sports coupe was getting long in the tooth after arriving in 2015. Infiniti killed it off for the 2023 model year.

Cars Sold: 1,847

Marshall58of240

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Proto Spec A/T
Occupation
Business Owner
I wonder if they have actually factory produced the 240 Proto units for the US?
I would love to know that too & the distribution across US. How many per state& by City ?

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I found this to be a fascinating page. If accurate, it seems like it would include data for the 350Z (data only goes back to 2005..2009), the 370Z (2008..2021), and maybe even the Z (2022).

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/nissan-370z-sales-figures/

Can Nissan get over the supply chain woes and get back to the 27k numbers?

The 2022 numbers add up almost to the number of Proto Specs in the US.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I found this to be a fascinating page. If accurate, it seems like it would include data for the 350Z (data only goes back to 2005..2009), the 370Z (2008..2021), and maybe even the Z (2022).

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/nissan-370z-sales-figures/

Can Nissan get over the supply chain woes and get back to the 27k numbers?

The 2022 numbers add up almost to the number of Proto Specs in the US.
Wow. I should have searched this forum first. Old news to this crew. Well, Nissan, if you're reading this: I'll buy a Z if you can ship the one I want to a dealer near me with no markup. That'd be +1 on your sales figures.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When I checked last week on Nissan's website, there were 3 cars available if I filtered by Nationwide. 2 protos and a sport in Ohio or something. Its so pathetic
I've found that the "National" search on Nissan's US web site gives different results for different zip codes. A "National" search in 92130 will give completely different results than the same search in 30223.