More Z's Land in California

socalAG2

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
I just got calls from about 4/5 different dealerships in SOCAL saying they have some allocations on the way. Mostly Diamond Black it seems. Costa Mesa is getting a Silver Performance Manual. Mossy Kearny Nissan is getting 2 Black Performances, 1 with red interior and 1 with blue, both at MSRP apparently. A couple other Socal dealers have allocations as well.

Still waiting on a Passion Red Performance to land stateside other than that one in Massachusetts .. šŸ™ƒ

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
whoa...finally getting more in.
no word from my dealer yet, but i prob should call them.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
yeah I think Nissanusa shows almost 150 Z's either enroute or on lots right now

OP
OP
socalAG2

socalAG2

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
whoa...finally getting more in.
no word from my dealer yet, but i prob should call them.
yeah reach out and see what's good. I don't see any of the ones they have transit on the nissanusa website, but I see them when I go to the dealer's direct website

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
I just got calls from about 4/5 different dealerships in SOCAL saying they have some allocations on the way. Mostly Diamond Black it seems. Costa Mesa is getting a Silver Performance Manual. Mossy Kearny Nissan is getting 2 Black Performances, 1 with red interior and 1 with blue, both at MSRP apparently. A couple other Socal dealers have allocations as well.

Still waiting on a Passion Red Performance to land stateside other than that one in Massachusetts .. šŸ™ƒ
Thatā€™s one thing that puzzles me. Whatā€™s with the lack of Passion Red, Nissan? Red is a classic sports car color, especially for a Z. Nissan acts like they never heard of it, for this car, so far. :rolleyes:

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
Thatā€™s one thing that puzzles me. Whatā€™s with the lack of Passion Red, Nissan? Red is a classic sports car color, especially for a Z. Nissan acts like they never heard of it, for this car, so far. :rolleyes:
Maybe the tricoat colors are difficult to produce with ongoing manufacturing shortages so they get prioritized less?

Though the white is also tricoat and donā€™t seem to be that rare, so who knows šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
Maybe the tricoat colors are difficult to produce with ongoing manufacturing shortages so they get prioritized less?

Though the white is also tricoat and donā€™t seem to be that rare, so who knows šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
There seems to be blue, yellow, silver, gray tricoats, albeit not in the numbers weā€™d like to see, but the Passion Red is next to non-existent, at this point, by comparison. I have no idea why but, in addition to increased production, I hope we see Passion Red become a lot more prevalent.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT

There seems to be blue, yellow, silver, gray tricoats, albeit not in the numbers weā€™d like to see, but the Passion Red is next to non-existent, at this point, by comparison. I have no idea why but, in addition to increased production, I hope we see Passion Red become a lot more prevalent.
I believe only yellow, white, n red are tricoat colors, and yellow being more prevalent makes sense considering itā€™s the Proto/flagship color

But I agree hopefully we see a lot more Passion Reds show up cause itā€™s a really nice color; I think it was pretty popular for the Q60s too

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon

I believe only yellow, white, n red are tricoat colors, and yellow being more prevalent makes sense considering itā€™s the Proto/flagship color

But I agree hopefully we see a lot more Passion Reds show up cause itā€™s a really nice color; I think it was pretty popular for the Q60s too
Ah, yes. :) I should have said something like ā€œmulti-colored,ā€ what with colors such as silver having the black top. Iā€™d love having a ā€œone-color, no black topā€ Passion Red but thatā€™s not an option at this point. Heck, itā€™s almost as if the Passion Red isnā€™t an option in any form, which for a sports car is crazy to me. Imagine if you couldnā€™t find your typical luxury sedan in a gray or silver. ;)

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)

Ah, yes. :) I should have said something like ā€œmulti-colored,ā€ what with colors such as silver having the black top. Iā€™d love having a ā€œone-color, no black topā€ Passion Red but thatā€™s not an option at this point. Heck, itā€™s almost as if the Passion Red isnā€™t an option in any form, which for a sports car is crazy to me. Imagine if you couldnā€™t find your typical luxury sedan in a gray or silver. ;)
I actually saw a red one for the first time today on my lunch break! It's the first Z I've seen actually in the wild and not at a dealership. Not sure where they got it but it definitely wasn't from NY because I've been checking everywhere lol. It really caught my eye driving by, pretty stunning. I was like hey what's this little red sports car? Sure enough it was a Z. Really wasnt expecting that.

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
I actually saw a red one for the first time today on my lunch break! It's the first Z I've seen actually in the wild and not at a dealership. Not sure where they got it but it definitely wasn't from NY because I've been checking everywhere lol. It really caught my eye driving by, pretty stunning. I was like hey what's this little red sports car? Sure enough it was a Z. Really wasnt expecting that.
Wow! Thatā€™s good to hear. Itā€™s about as rare seeing a Bigfoot, only not scary. ;)

I live in a major metro, Houston, and have yet to see one of the new Zā€™s ā€œin the wild.ā€ The only Z Iā€™ve see in person, so far, was a beautiful blue one at a dealership in Gulfport, when I was on a road trip. They were busy cleaning it for delivery to some lucky new owner. :)

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Wow! Thatā€™s good to hear. Itā€™s about as rare seeing a Bigfoot, only not scary. ;)

I live in a major metro, Houston, and have yet to see one of the new Zā€™s ā€œin the wild.ā€ The only Z Iā€™ve see in person, so far, was a beautiful blue one at a dealership in Gulfport, when I was on a road trip. They were busy cleaning it for delivery to some lucky new owner. :)
I was pretty shocked lol.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
I also finally saw my first Z in the wild this past weekend in the Bay Area. The bright yellow really popped on a sunny afternoon. I had previously seen the yellow indoors at an auto show. Much more attention grabbing in traffic.

OldGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Nismo, Stealth Grey
Not in CA, but the dealer I originally had a deposit with finally got their Z - a Boulder Gray Performance 6SP for $64100. I already bought one in OR, otherwise I would be #1 for this one. They said if I wasn't happy with mine, I could trade it in for this one. Mine has already had a flat tire and a broken window before the break-in period, so I'm thinking mine is cursed. So I'm thinking...

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
In SF Bay Area.
One of my neighbors has a Proto.
I saw it often. Still waiting for mine. :(
Checked few dealers in my area.
They either have 0 or 1.