Manual Z delivery delays

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
So Dan got mad at the forum? He should've known what to expect when entering an enthusiast car forum. The internet is brutal, and car forums are perhaps the most brutal. Sounds like he couldn't stand the heat so had to get out of the kitchen. I don't feel bad at all. I don't see anything that was damaging that would warrant such an escape. He probably should not have entered the lion's den in the first place.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
I only blame Dan and his team for irresponsibly hyping a vehicle they knew they couldn't deliver.

There's a bigger reason these things happened, and not all the blame goes on manufacturers.

A certain country dropped a pandemic on the world, and that same country refuses to drop there C-zero policy, which has turned the supply chain upside down for 3 years now.

Publicly traded companies tend to lie in their communications to avoid the inevitable damage to their shares. That means Nissan, or Boeing, or Ford, can't be "honest" to their customers because once the market hears about it, their share values would plummet. They don't want their values to plummet before reports and earnings are officially released, because modern investing makes money daily, the more days you can avoid the truth, the more investment money can be made.
Nissan is still hanging their hat on the supply chain issues. Yes, they still exist but to a lesser degree. Other manufacturers seem to be managing. We now have the new CTR and manual Supra. And then like 5 Z's in the past 2 years...

Bodz

First Name
Kendrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata, beetle
Occupation
Manager
maybe their just pushing it to be really a 2023 unit. MY unit up to date. hahaha so there would be no confusion. hahahašŸ˜„

OP
OP

Dave K

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Nismo 370Z, 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2
Too late for me now. They salted the shit out of the roads this morning. Almost like driving on gravel in places.
We don't have snow in Michigan yet, but I am sure it is coming soon. By the time I get my Z, it will be going straight into the garage. If this vehicle had shipped on time, I could have had the entire fall season to enjoy it.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
We don't have snow in Michigan yet, but I am sure it is coming soon. By the time I get my Z, it will be going straight into the garage. If this vehicle had shipped on time, I could have had the entire fall season to enjoy it.

Sadly, I do not think you have to worry about Winter storage.
Spring maybe

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
It was confirmed to me that my car has been stuck in a Sea Can in Vancouver (well New Westminster where the cars roll into) and there is a QC stoppage. Parts have been sent from Japan and Nissan Canada with some unknown technicians will be fixing these defects. For my part, I cancelled my order due to the terrible handling, increase in price, and interest rate at 8.99%.

OP
OP

Dave K

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Nismo 370Z, 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2
Did Nissan give you an estimate for the repairs to be completed
It was confirmed to me that my car has been stuck in a Sea Can in Vancouver (well New Westminster where the cars roll into) and there is a QC stoppage. Parts have been sent from Japan and Nissan Canada with some unknown technicians will be fixing these defects. For my part, I cancelled my order due to the terrible handling, increase in price, and interest rate at 8.99%.
Did Nissan give you a timeline to complete the repairs?

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
No. QC stoppage is until further notice. Nobody knows. Of the 10 real allocations at my dealership almost all the confirmed orders cancelled their cars due to price and rate and lack of performance. When I saw the Bros4Speed review of the nose of the Z bobbing around I said enough is enough. My 370Z Stillen was way more of a car than this one.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
No. QC stoppage is until further notice. Nobody knows. Of the 10 real allocations at my dealership almost all the confirmed orders cancelled their cars due to price and rate and lack of performance. When I saw the Bros4Speed review of the nose of the Z bobbing around I said enough is enough. My 370Z Stillen was way more of a car than this one.
They have totally screwed upā€¦.if so many of us, the truly keen enthusiasts are cancelling orders how many of just the regular interested guys are

Gotta go down as one of the biggest flops of car launches of all time

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
They have totally screwed upā€¦.if so many of us, the truly keen enthusiasts are cancelling orders how many of just the regular interested guys are

Gotta go down as one of the biggest flops of car launches of all time
I just feel like this car really ā€˜never stood a chanceā€™. Took forever for the launch of a new product, the reveal was a lot of ā€˜smoke and mirrorsā€™ without substance (engine, suspension - the brass tacks of the vehicle), then the pandemic made shortages a reality and just prolonged things, then when the vehicle was released - seems like in stock form - the YT influencers proceeded to tear it apart and compared to the competition - it wasnā€™t that Supra killer that we all wanted; not to forget the price of the vehicle - for the well equipped one - it was pretty much 3-5k less than a Supra. And now - we are seeing QC issues creating delays, dealers adding ADM (like this car will be a collectors item - at least the NON-protos). Heck - even the Supra 6MT has been released SMH - itā€™s just been a lot of ā€˜over promising and under deliveringā€™.