Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer

[/QUOTE]
That actually doesn't look to bad to me. But the current front end is way down on my list of modifications I want to do.

I do love the color, though!

Last edited:

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
I don't know why everyone is complaining about the front. It's not perfect, but imo it's miles ahead of another "Japanese" sports car.

View attachment 819
Same here, I mean this wouldn't be the first time in recent history that Nissan made a rectangle shaped grille.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Same here, I mean this wouldn't be the first time in recent history that Nissan made a rectangle shaped grille.

I think the difference is the sheer size of the grille on the proto Z. It's a lot bigger and taller, hence it's more in your face.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
I think the difference is the sheer size of the grille on the proto Z. It's a lot bigger and taller, hence it's more in your face.
Agreed. If it had just a couple more inches of bumper at the top, I think it would have been perfect to my eyes. Either way, not a deal breaker for me. Of everything presented on here since the proto, I like the silver bar on the nismo rendering the best.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I
think what your missing is that when you stand in front of the car you won’t see the first few inches unless you bob down. If you’ve got a Z of any type, go stand in front of the hood say a meter away…look down and see the difference to eye balling it, I guarantee it’s not the same

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
People make a big fuss of the front but I’m more weirded out by the half filled-in rear. Look how much better this is
C86D1ACE-625D-4559-B3A2-1AC9424453C9.jpeg
Damn this looks good. With the duckbill spoiler, this side profile is perfect. This should def be a priority for the aftermarket to get into.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
While this does look better, everything I've seen indicates the two rows of ovals left uncovered in this render are blocked by the bumper behind them. I'm not sure how feasible relocating that would be.

bhamZ35

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma
People make a big fuss of the front but I’m more weirded out by the half filled-in rear. Look how much better this is
C86D1ACE-625D-4559-B3A2-1AC9424453C9.jpeg
Forget the problems with the front end, this picture proves how much of an eye sore the “katana” is. Taking that away and filling in the random outlined gap under the taillights with more taillight surface area really gives it a more true-to-original retro design. Nissan spends millions of dollars into design development only to have some random person with photoshop make it look better LOL.