Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Do you know if the nismo version well be out a year after the normal trims? Nismo is what I'm holding out for. Do you know if it's true the nismo will be awd?
I know nothing about the Nismo aside from it'll have Brembos (the same Brembos the Z proto has) and be more than a bodykit and an ECU tune this time.

0 clue on when it'll come aside from it's coming.

Nismo_J

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 Nissan 350z, 1972 240z, 92 Sentra se-r
Occupation
Small Business Consultant
Sooooo what are we thinking about the brakes? To me at least in the first photo they look like Brembos. I can almost make out the logo, but they could also just be Akebonos like in the last picture I can't see a logo. The photo was taken at an angle though. If they are Brembos in first picture and if what @Houston.Z35 is saying is true, that should be the sport package right? If the last one doesn't have Brembos and are Akebonos it should be a Base? I'm thinking the three different cars are three different packages like what Houston said in March maybe a Base, Type S, and Type T. Correct me if I'm being an idiot please I'm a newb lol.
Yeah I just looked real quick they look like the akenonos. Def don’t look like the ones from the yellow protos (gtr) I’m really hoping the sport model ones come with those brakes

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
Also curious. I wonder if sharing several things with the previous Z helps the speed of production?
your average sports car takes around 5 years to develop, or even longer. this is all happening within 3 years so yes, i would say so.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Active spoiler would be nice.
Automatically activated at higher speed.
Yes...they had on on the Peugeot RCZ regular, I got the type R which had the static spoiler...but almost bought the RCZ base just because I liked the spoiler more
I will be interested to see the difference in offerings in different countries.
Australia doesn’t produce cars at all any longer, you guys seem to have some Nissan manufacturing going on.
I think we will get choice of two cars with stock variants, you guys may get a few more.
Given they will be wanting to sell every single unit to get them out of debt and maximise chip shortages...they will need to be careful producing what people want

Last edited:

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
I hope they do add a bar or something similar across the grille as I think it would look a lot better. It may even sway me from my plans of buying a Challenger or Mustang this summer and waiting until fall or winter to get the Z.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I’ve been thinking about the grille, and wondering what it will look like with the number plate attached?

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Wouldn't a front plate mess with the air flow / cooling?
Technically, yes, but for majority of the owners, the car won’t be tracked or beat on that aggressively to notice any real drop in airflow/cooling. Most will hoon it for a bit and then relax to let the car cool down. Plus there is ample space in that massive grille to get airflow going (assuming its open like the 370z grille was).

Just like the 370z, oil temps will possibly be an issue and IATs due to the Twins and a super tight engine bay, not necessarily an impact from the license plate.