takemorepills
Well-Known Member
What I meant about chassis is more accurately rear suspension geometry.Obviously hard to tell without driving it, but my impression from the videos/reviews so far is that the traction issues are primarily tire design and LC/drivetrain tuning, as it seems like Nissans LC controller is pretty liberal with amount of tire spin it allows. I wouldn’t think it’s due to chassis as SG’s tech review pointed out significant changes were made in the rear to handle the extra torque.
I’m also wondering ? why Nissan chose not to use the GTR-grade Dunlops from the late model 370Z NISMOs. The slightly wider rears would surely help traction and I had thought it’s a better tire than the Bridgestones. They do wear very quick though, so that could be why.
This is where Nissan might be weak. When a vehicle is putting down respectable power, the suspension geometry of the driven wheels is very important.
I believe the Focus and CTR both used trick suspension geometry to help with all the power they made.
I did see that Nissan braced up the rear, which is good too. But not much different about the rear suspension geometry.