DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Prices confirmed on the Nissan Canada website.

Looks like it's an extra $1,500 to go automatic on both trims.

https://canada.nissannews.com/en-CA...ll-new-2023-nissan-z-msrp-to-start-at-ca46498
......and unlike the US pricing I see it doesn't include the $1995 freight charge so the real cost is $60488 for a performance MT with the base paint. So they are in effect charging a 21% currency exchange vs. real world value of 29%. Not as good a deal as on some of their other models.

ZedNotZee

......and unlike the US pricing I see it doesn't include the $1995 freight charge so the real cost is $60488 for a performance MT with the base paint. So they are in effect charging a 21% currency exchange vs. real world value of 29%. Not as good a deal as on some of their other models.
I don't think the US price includes the "Destination and Handling" (freight charge) either however their freight charge is only $1,025.

OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I don't think the US price includes the "Destination and Handling" (freight charge) either however their freight charge is only $1,025.
Yes you are correct, just checked the US press release. Eased the pain a tiny bit...

ZedNotZee

I agree that we get a break on the USA/Canada dollar exchange however the deal gets worse the higher up the scale you go. Just looking at the MT model: Sport 18.12%, Performance 18.49% and Proto 22.55% (freight charges included).

I am a little surprised and disappointed that the US Performance is priced so high, and therefore the price of the Canadian model is higher than I expected, but I'm really surprised (and a little annoyed) that the Canadian premium for the Proto Spec is so high: $5,750 vs $3,000. That's a 91.67% exchange rate! Plus, as I've said before elsewhere on this forum, all you're getting for the extra money is bronze coloured wheels, yellow accented seats and stitching, some special badges, and bragging Rights. I hope the Canadian Proto Spec at least gets the 9" display audio touchscreen.

julien20vt

First Name
Jul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda CX-9
I have to say I'm disappointed.

The performance is 60k$ with shipping fees, I assume we also may have to pay an extra for the optional paint.
And in Canada we don't have 9" screen with navigation.. I'm not saying that I'll miss the navigation but I don't understand why they remove it for Canadian's customers ?

My dealer told me today that they planned to receive the Z by the end of June/beginning of July.. I don't know if this information is really accurate.

Right now, I don't know if I want to keep my order or not :

- it's a lot more expensive than what I was waiting for
- we will miss the beginning of the summer, so we'll have less time to play with it this year

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I have to say I'm disappointed.

The performance is 60k$ with shipping fees, I assume we also may have to pay an extra for the optional paint.
And in Canada we don't have 9" screen with navigation.. I'm not saying that I'll miss the navigation but I don't understand why they remove it for Canadian's customers ?

My dealer told me today that they planned to receive the Z by the end of June/beginning of July.. I don't know if this information is really accurate.

Right now, I don't know if I want to keep my order or not :

- it's a lot more expensive than what I was waiting for
- we will miss the beginning of the summer, so we'll have less time to play with it this year
So, what car will you get? I called Chevy for the Camaro SS le and have to wait till next spring

julien20vt

First Name
Jul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda CX-9
I may go on a used car instead to avoid waiting.
Or maybe a new available in a dealer, there are a few (but not that much by these times I know) .

I also know that it may costs more, but I'm not sure the Z worth the 60-62k$

Maybe it is only my disappointment with all these news today which makes me thinking like that and in a few days I'll be happy to wait the Z, but I'm not in that mood today

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
f the SUPRA. It’s ugly Af and it’s a bmw.
Love the Camaro SS man. I don’t know what to do.

heart says stick with the z but brain is saying Camaro
Looks are subjective.. to me the Z styling is 9/10 while the Supra is a 7/10.. so not such a big deal to me styling wise like it is to others. As for the Camaro.. I'd rather take a Mustang if I had to pick a domestic car. I driven a 16 Camaro and it just looks and feels too big to toss around tight winding roads where I will most likely do most of my spirited driving.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Looks are subjective.. to me the Z styling is 9/10 while the Supra is a 7/10.. so not such a big deal to me styling wise like it is to others. As for the Camaro.. I'd rather take a Mustang if I had to pick a domestic car. I driven a 16 Camaro and it just looks and feels too big to toss around tight winding roads where I will most likely do most of my spirited driving.
That’s why the SS1 LE is for. Track ready