First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Typical forum BS: pricing has *not* been announced yet - any discussion of it as fact is fake news. Price targets were set by product planners years ago when the design parameters were set, it's obviously been known internally with a few thousand. Wait until it's announced externally.
You're right that this is all hypothetical. Maybe the outrage at the mere suggestion of Nissan executing this pricing structure is evidence of a baseline understanding that it's got significantly high probability.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Typical forum BS: pricing has *not* been announced yet - any discussion of it as fact is fake news. Price targets were set by product planners years ago when the design parameters were set, it's obviously been known internally with a few thousand. Wait until it's announced externally.
Nor have there been any public road tests (other than the juvenile silliness of listening to the noise it makes). Those of us who have modified Z/G/Qs know that the suspension design is excellent - and that spring rate, shocks, bushings, and probably more body welding and adhesives will add a lot to this.
And so typical in these forums that people threaten to get a C8 or SS: entirely different cars that are in entirely different classes in both performance and price. A Corvette will end up costing twice as much and take a year or more to get. An SS 1LE has a far better suspension, if you can live with it (and the terrible visibility). Yes, I've driven both on track and had lots of students with them. I don't believe there is any valid cross-shopping unless somebody is actually saying "I can't decide whether to spend 45k, 67k, or 100k". That is a tiny minority, if anybody real.
(That said, there is no way I'd buy a RWD Z without a mechanical limited slip diff.)
And the Supra - if you want a car where each quadrant was styled by an entirely different and unrelated team, where silly fake vents abound, and where the available quantity of the manual option hasn't been announced yet, good luck. It's already mid-sixties $ in the current model year. And I'd think twice before investing in something that may have rod bearings, vanos, rear shock mounts, and plastic radiator endtank issues within 10 years. It's very hard to buy used performance BMWs of the last 20 years without all of these issues.
Lol calm your tits there guy.

I'm cross shopping a C7Z because I've been talking with my wife for the past probably six years about getting the C7Z or a GT-R, which the C7Z won. Once I got wind of the new Z I pumped the brakes on the Vette. I'll be fucking DAMNED if I spend $50k on a Z when a few thousand more will get me the C7Z, a car I've wanted for YEARS.

Also, the Supra hate is really real lol. My Evo's radiator has plastic end tanks and hasn't blown yet after over 16 years.

triso07

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z, Evo X
50k is too high for the performance. I've been saying that since the beginning.

There's a lot of people who want this car at a price point 45k and under. You're going to lose those buyers because they don't have options choices. For example, maybe they don't want cloth, or they want a better sound system, they can't just add those options to a base, instead they need to jump up to a performance that costs 50k.

That's a big price jump vs adding a few key options that might get them into the vehicle.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Right, DrivingEnthusiast...

I've learned to walk the course before you run it, look where you wanna go, and celebrate the fractions of a second win over your opponents.

Take it one curve at a time with the throttle down. 🙂

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
If the base model had a limited-slip diff, I'd seriously consider it. But even that seems like rewarding Nissan for deliberately trying to rip off their own fanbase which, it must be noted, is exceptionally loyal.

This is just cynical from Nissan. Do better.
What they should have done is this:

Have the "Sport" trim actually be Sport and come standard with:
- Everything it currently has
- LSD
- Akebono brakes

Then have the Performance trim come standard with:
- Brembo brakes
- Recaro seats
- 435HP

That would be a bargain for $50k and then the Sport trim would be an incredible bargain for $40k.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance

- LSD
- Akebono brakes

- Brembo brakes
- Recaro seats
- 435HP

That would be a bargain for $50k and then the Sport trim would be an incredible bargain for $40k.
I agree . You should run Nissan lol.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
I got this beauty for $52k (its a premium with basically every option). No way I would pay $50k for a Z. If it was $40k and had a lsd, count me in / I'll cancel my order on the GR86.

20220116_171426.jpg

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management

- LSD
- Akebono brakes

- Brembo brakes
- Recaro seats
- 435HP

I agree that the "Sport" should be, you know, the sporting package. Early rumors suggested that it would essentially come with the equipment setup from the 370Z Sport trim (19" wheels, Akebonos, LSD, etc). THAT would have made sense.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Man so bummed out coulda just had a nismo 370 a year and a half ago as a secondary car. Really hope canadian pricing is similar but doubtful 😔

tcaustin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GMC Sierra
Occupation
Physician
So glad now that I got the 2022 Miata RF club with Recaros/BBS/Brembo brakes instead of waiting on the new Z. I’ve already had PPF and ceramic coating and window tint done and have thoroughly enjoyed driving it. Nissan really blew this one. I need to contact the local Nissan dealer and let him know to count me out. Until I found out about pricing, I was worried I had made the wrong decision. Now I know I made the right decision. Maybe in a couple of years when the hype dies down and the chip shortage is over I can get one at a reasonable price; then I might consider trading this in.
C486A05D-2066-4E1A-A4D7-29FFAF640775.jpeg

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
On the Z Facebook group it said $45k for the mid trim and $50k for the Proto. Sadly the link went dead by the time I saw it.

Live77

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wrx
Australia New Z and GR Supra pricing :

https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/coming-soon/Z/specs-and-prices.html Z performance aud 80k ish

https://www.toyota.com.au/supra?gcl...DjXdOGYqrV-1AismkBEaAl-TEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

supra premium aud 105k ish

USA GR Supra :

https://www.toyota.com/grsupra/ Supra premium USD 55k ish

By looking at the Aussie and USA market theres no way USA new Z will be 50k on the performance model or even close to 50k.

USA New Z performance will be in the low 40s ( 41-2k , 43k will be max )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.