NY autoshow rep: three Z colors are being produced as we speak

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
That would be quite the misstep. Not much of a "value" argument at that price point.
I disagree as we don't know how the thing performs yet.

I think people also have to realize that this is the last pure ice Z - of course Nissan will charge a premium for it.

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Nissan rep told me the three colors are being produced as we speak
Blue / Blue
Yellow / Black yellow
Boulder Grey / Red

The next production build will be
White
Black
third color don't remember cause I was so excited

https://nissan.myboothpic.co/photo/6QVO6O
Now that is some real Intel! When I dealer ordered mine on January 26th (Canada) I got the Boulder Gray but they wouldn't let me order the red interior. I'm #3 on their dealer allocation. Was told June, now told July or August. It is a waiting game but if these are in production that is a good sign.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
I have serious doubts a fender bunny or brute has any clue what's being produced.

Production and public relations are continents apart.

"Ooohhh, I'm so important. I know what you don't know, even if I have to lie about it."
You'd probably feel differently (however irrationally) if you actually ordered one and put down a deposit. So forgive the rest of us as we seek whatever therapeutic relief from whatever scant details come our way. We have skin in the game. For those who are merely forum surfing I can see its arm chair speculation as usual.

jose3030

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Acura Legend 6sp Coupe
People are gonna be fighting over the boulder grey. I will be patiently waiting for my black on black
Black on Black gonna be one that I am keeping my eye on as well.
Will be low-key and I am assuming a lot of fanboys won't like (not showing the car's lines, etc)

tcaustin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GMC Sierra
Occupation
Physician
Rep told me yesterday that the performance trim will be $50k.....and that's msrp!! Don't know what to believe anymore. Lol
I might be out at $50k just on principle; this is going to be a great car but even given inflation and this market that’s asking quite a bit for a significant refresh. For a totally new platform that would make more sense.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I might be out at $50k just on principle; this is going to be a great car but even given inflation and this market that’s asking quite a bit for a significant refresh. For a totally new platform that would make more sense.
At 50k I'd be out as well. Mostly I'm a non-materialist, spending money on experiences (a lot of travel) rather than acquiring stuff. So Z was always going to be a stretch for my lifestyle. 50k would not buy me enough fun and utility, compared to the alternative ways of using the funds.

Will see what price the Sport version comes in at. It's all moot anyway, if the vehicle is unobtainable for years, then it's no good to me either way.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm willing to bet Protos and Yellows were first, we're not going to see base models for a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if Yellow was a one year only color option, I bet Orange will be the next one with a Green down the line.
Suits me….I’m getting a yellow non Proto….no one really even knows how many Protos world wide are being made.
The performance one may become more limited at this rate🤣

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
At 50k I'd be out as well. Mostly I'm a non-materialist, spending money on experiences (a lot of travel) rather than acquiring stuff. So Z was always going to be a stretch for my lifestyle. 50k would not buy me enough fun and utility, compared to the alternative ways of using the funds.

Will see what price the Sport version comes in at. It's all moot anyway, if the vehicle is unobtainable for years, then it's no good to me either way.
"Mostly non-materialist"

*Owns 3 cars*

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
im between 2 colors blue or boulder but i would prefer either one with black interior

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
"Mostly non-materialist"

*Owns 3 cars*
Actually I own 6 cars. :) But only 3 are running, lol.

I think my neighbor's newest car, cost more than all 6 of ours combined. We just don't spend big on material items. My wife's new car, I bought just before COVID, brand new for 14k (and it's a manual).