Personalised Plates

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I have the plate combo ZZZ33D reserved. It's meant to be a play on the pronounciation of Zee and Zed (silly I know). I'd definitely want to get a JDM style plate - what do we think would look best on an Ikazuchi yellow? I'm pretty much torn on all of them besides the Import - premium ones.

plates.JPG

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I have the plate combo ZZZ33D reserved. It's meant to be a play on the pronounciation of Zee and Zed (silly I know). I'd definitely want to get a JDM style plate - what do we think would look best on an Ikazuchi yellow? I'm pretty much torn on all of them besides the Import - premium ones.

plates.JPG
Black with white writing ā€¦.yellow wonā€™t match, white is too white, blavk will match the roof and if a non proto the wheels

To be honest getting a bit nervous seeing the US stating that their dealers will only get one first up.
I am actually first at my dealer (wouldnā€™t be surprised if I was top five in Aus), but still not certain how they will fill orders ā€¦will they go via region, in which case West Aussies are almost certainly bottom of the pile?
Or do they go in order of date ordered byā€¦as they should

OP
OP

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Black with white writing ā€¦.yellow wonā€™t match, white is too white, blavk will match the roof and if a non proto the wheels
I like the white on black but thinking if I'm going to get JDM style I'd get one with japanese characters...i need to do some photoshopping to see what they'd look like on the car!

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
In preparation of the Z's arrival, I went looking for a personalised plate.. Is it strange I feel late to the party even though it's not even released!?

Unsurprisingly, obvious candidates such as " Z Proto" were already gone, along with a good dozen or so different ideas/variations I had. Ideas such as "Z34 Proto" or my wifes suggestion of "FairladyZ", which was taken mind you, but "Fairl4dyZ" was however, available. I didnt mind that idea, but didn't fancy the notion of seeing that "4" for half the year I'm home for the next 30 or so years so went with this instead.. colours aren't ideal as I'd of preferred the metallic style plate with the black background and gold lettering, but alas that plates conditions proved restrictive. Well, here it is!
Screenshot_20220515-175638_Samsung Internet.jpg

Anybody else thinking about personalised plates or already have some ? I'd love to hear others ideas.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
You could also have "protospec" aswell but it did look busy on the plate imo. Here's a couple other ones that I mentioned.
Screenshot_20220515-175511_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220515-190135_Samsung Internet.jpg

Anyhow, Food for thought šŸ˜‰

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I did think of itā€¦but at $690 just for plates, it can wait until I can get some cash.
All good, yeah, on the topic of price; we aren't as dear here as Qld - the dearest plate there was something like $3.5k! The range there is far superior to here aswell. I didn't see any crazy prices like the above available here in the West, but that's not to say they don't exist either!

Wouldn't of minded that JDM style plate that Sam has for my z32 as it would suit the veilsides jdm plate reciprocal very well.. plus my z32 is JDM. Its the 2 seater TT manual that was never offered here. But the plate isn't available here in WA šŸ˜’

Anyhow, I'll be hitting my dealer up this week regarding a damned update and will post any findings here. Hopefully no one's getting cold feet!

OP
OP

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
One Friday night after a couple of whiskies I reserved ZZZ-33D. I now wish I came up with something better. I'll get it on a JDM style plate but not sure which one yet.

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
In preparation of the Z's arrival, I went looking for a personalised plate.. Is it strange I feel late to the party even though it's not even released!?
I have been looking at plates since late last year and when I looked "Z Proto" was already taken here in QLD.

"Proto Z" was still available at that time but didn't get it for 2 reasons first was because it was not the right naming order for the car as Z Proto is the correct order and it would annoy me knowing my plate wasn't, and secondly I wasn't sure if I would actually buy the car and am still not sure lol and didn't want a plate tied to a specific model of car if I didn't end up buying it and then be stuck with a plate I can't use if I wasn't able to sell it off.

You guys in WA are lucky as your licence plate combinations can be longer than most other states. In QLD we can have a maximum of 7 characters and you guys are 8 I think which means you can potentially have more options.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I have been looking at plates since late last year and when I looked "Z Proto" was already taken here in QLD.

"Proto Z" was still available at that time but didn't get it for 2 reasons first was because it was not the right naming order for the car as Z Proto is the correct order and it would annoy me knowing my plate wasn't, and secondly I wasn't sure if I would actually buy the car and am still not sure lol and didn't want a plate tied to a specific model of car if I didn't end up buying it and then be stuck with a plate I can't use if I wasn't able to sell it off.

You guys in WA are lucky as your licence plate combinations can be longer than most other states. In QLD we can have a maximum of 7 characters and you guys are 8 I think which means you can potentially have more options.
Yes and No, I think there is only one option of plates that can have up to 9 letters and colours seem limited
Most of the others have ā€œrulesā€ like you must have 3 numbers, you must have them in a certain order ā€¦.
part of the reason Iā€™m not getting personal plates is the colours. For what I was wanting the only plate available has no yellow background or text option. I wanted black on yellow or the other way round to match the carā€¦but canā€™t be done.
Thought about black on white, then thought about the money and how itā€™s not 100% what I want, so decided against it

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver

I'm hearing you dude. Putting the cash down on something you aren't 100% on is a bitter pill.

As West Aussie said, we can have upto 9 characters, but it's fucking horrendous. Check this pic so you can see what I mean. Full disclosure; you can't alter the font, it's colour or the plates background colour. How you see it is how it is. And by God, that font!? What were they smoking?! Oh yeah, and for the pleasure, throw down a grand šŸ˜†
Screenshot_20220516-143343_Samsung Internet.jpg

And like you - and no doubt many more people, I slso was somewhat on the fence. The unending silence took its toll on a lot of us.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Honestly West Aussie, I'm at the point where I could take or leave the proto. I won't lose sleep over not getting it, but I will be relieved to have an answer to what has been a drawn out endeavour.

By the way, Western Australia is fucking backwards. I cannot claim my personalised plate until I have a vehicle to apply it to and must surrender a set of generic plates to claim them or else send the plates to a DOT closer to my dealership. In Qld they just mail the bastards out to you, or get this, walk in and claim them.

Does WA pull this kind of shit just to take the piss?