The All-New 2022 Subaru WRX (Teased)

maxdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Tundra
Go back and look at the history of WRX redesigns. They have rarely been attractive vehicles and have regularly been criticized for their appearance. Having said that the plastic on this car is extreme, but looks much better in the dark gray or black paint. I bet it will sell in solid numbers as they have a loyal following. Save the manuals!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The wheel arches can be dealt with. Maybe have them painted or get a dark color.

However, the rear bumper is atrocious. There's a huge, plastic discombobulation hanging off the rear bumper.

The rest of the car is "meh". Surprising considering how well designed the BRZ/86 is.

Seems that the BRZ is going to be nearly as quick as the WRX.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
They'll have a concept model based on the S4 at TAS. Here's another video of the S4 (JDM) as well:

1640238690538.png

They are also premiering the STI E-RA CONCEPT which is all electric, though knowing Subaru I'm sure whatever production model comes out of this will look nothing like the car at the show ?

1640238882384.png

Last edited:

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
CTR has nothing on this…and at least it’s unique…this like I said looks like 90 percent of grandma sedans with some black plastic strapped on it to try and make it look like something it really isn’t.

CTR sure…might not be everyone’s taste…but it’s uniqueness that drives the sales

Suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder…but I wouldn’t buy the WRX over my sons second hand I20 even. At least it’s not trying to pretend to be anything it’s not
CTR has nothing on this…and at least it’s unique…this like I said looks like 90 percent of grandma sedans with some black plastic strapped on it to try and make it look like something it really isn’t.

CTR sure…might not be everyone’s taste…but it’s uniqueness that drives the sales

Suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder…but I wouldn’t buy the WRX over my sons second hand I20 even. At least it’s not trying to pretend to be anything it’s not
I guess I don’t understand your logic. So to you both the CTR and WRX are ugly but the CTR is “unique”? What’s so unique about a turbo, FWD car? Neither are unique. Or are they both uniquely ugly?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I guess I don’t understand your logic. So to you both the CTR and WRX are ugly but the CTR is “unique”? What’s so unique about a turbo, FWD car? Neither are unique. Or are they both uniquely ugly?
WRX looks like any sedan with plastic bits to try and make it interesting.
In my opinion the CTR looks like nothing else on the market

As I said before…beauty is in the eye of the beholder….this is my opinion, you are welcome to have your own

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
WRX looks like any sedan with plastic bits to try and make it interesting.
In my opinion the CTR looks like nothing else on the market

As I said before…beauty is in the eye of the beholder….this is my opinion, you are welcome to have your own
Great, thank you for your feedback. Yes, I suppose we have differing opinions on the definition of uniqueness.