First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
finally got to see one up close today and that plasticy rear bumper really does seem strange.

it reminds of back in the late 80s / early 90s when someone would install a crazy bodykit and leave it that black primer color for a few weeks or months until they could save up enough money to paint it to match the car...

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I saw one in person yesterday. Looks like trash.
I was reading a review of the GRC, and they brought up the WRX. And they made the most accurate observation of why the WRX is no longer special. Because the GRC has a "firecracker" of an engine, and the WRX now has an SUV engine.

Connelly

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Slowbaru
It seems like an incredibly small niche for this car. Not enough performance for those with sporting intentions, and not enough practicality for those who just want a quick AWD sedan with a manual transmission.

A hatchback would help, as would decent fuel economy. The WRX started with the same engine as my Ascent, and somewhere in all that tuning for another 3 hp or whatever, it gets the same or worse mileage on premium gas as my Ascent does on regular, while giving up 1,200+ lbs. It seems like the GTI/R, Elantra N, CTR/SI, etc. all have significant advantages over it. It's really puzzling - and disappointing.