370Z vs 2023 Z

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Do you mind if I ask. What percent tint is on your bmw. Looks dark? Would you keep that or go a touch lighter ??
The front windows are 30%, the rear widows and back glass are 20%. I'll probably do the same again on the Z, but might go even a tad darker on the back. In GA we are supposed to have 32%+ on the front but there's no limit for the rear, so I stick with 30-35% on the front to avoid any hassle. When parked outside you can easily see in the front windows if you get close but it's pretty hard to see in the rear.

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
The front windows are 30%, the rear widows and back glass are 20%. I'll probably do the same again on the Z, but might go even a tad darker on the back. In GA we are supposed to have 32%+ on the front but there's no limit for the rear, so I stick with 30-35% on the front to avoid any hassle. When parked outside you can easily see in the front windows if you get close but it's pretty hard to see in the rear.
I’m in fla. bout 20 all around ? Vs 32 front ? Too dark ? Can u still see driver when you’re next to them in another car ?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Loved my 370, but for me it's no contest. New Z all the way ?
What were your pain points with the 370Z, which should be fixed by now, not counting the VR30 power of course? And how long owned?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
What were your pain points with the 370Z, which should be fixed by now, not counting the VR30 power of course? And how long owned?
The oil temp got concerningly high for that car during the summer in GA. It felt fast with bolt-ons and a tune but without FI not fast enough. Other than oil temp and power/speed nothing else comes to mind. It was a good car for me and I've just been waiting/hoping for another TT Z since getting rid of it and owning a car with a couple turbos since.

The 370 only saw the street and I owned it from 2012-2015. Prior to that I drove a HR 350 from 2010-2012.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
The oil temp got concerningly high for that car during the summer in GA. It felt fast with bolt-ons and a tune but without FI not fast enough. Other than oil temp and power/speed nothing else comes to mind. It was a good car for me and I've just been waiting/hoping for another TT Z since getting rid of it and owning a car with a couple turbos since.

The 370 only saw the street and I owned it from 2012-2015. Prior to that I drove a HR 350 from 2010-2012.
High oil temps must be rectified, some of our tracks here are out by desert's edge, hot temps are the norm! Twin turbo like my 240Z's loses power under heat, not to mention wear and tear. Hope Nissan addresses this, that huge grille probably has better access to the oil coolers.

Darkmann

First Name
Darkfellow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z31 (sold), Z32, Z34 and Other Brands
Occupation
Engineer
Hard to say without actually seeing the car - we are talking just the exterior presentation here, right? In general, the design is OK for me. I like Nissan's attempt to blend old and new, but the Z32 is still a better design.

Regarding facelift, yes, the visual presentation of the exterior does look like a 270Z facelift. But the Z is definitely not a facelift of anything. Just look at the specs.

Last edited:

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO

Same, Oil Temps and just a lil' more power - the stance and the way it feels inside......it just didn't have the power that went with it's presence.

The way things are going now, I'm not even sure if 400 is enough lol - but the VR30 is easy enough to get to 500 reliable.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I'm reading a lot of comments where people are saying it just look like a face lift rather than a fresh new design. What do y'all think?

nissan-z-proto.jpg

CAC80NIC141A021006.jpg

nissan-z-proto (1).jpg

CAC80NIC141A021005.jpg

The body curves of the Z is natural while the 370Z "butts" and "cheeks" got injections. I.e. The 370Z looks like a YouTuber molded fender flares into a 300z body. Z got the fastback look while the 370Z for the bubble butt look which reminds me of the not-so-successful Porsche 928:
1635281550608.png

Overall, there are substantial changes to the Z and I believe it distance itself light-years from from the 370z. And the interior is updated to exceed today's standard of technology, as it seems.