Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I’m watching right now and he mentions “the full 400 horsepower” version. Which to me says the base will have less.

He also wouldn’t say the starting price begins with a 3. So maybe we’re looking at just over $40,000 for a 300hp version? Can’t decide if that’s a good value or not, and honestly shouldn’t even speculate until these are actually driven.
When I listen it sounds like 400 is base and there could be a version with more.
Both the Sport (base) and Performance version will have 400Hp 350Tq. It's been said by Nissan multiple times and you can see the spec sheet below.

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/attachments/2023-nissan-z-specs-pdf.2017/

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
Ah, I see I should've started a new thread on this instead of posting it on an existing thread. Anyway, it is possible that nothing we've speculated on is right. It is also possible that Senior Alfonso has been smoking Cuban cigars made with funny tobacco.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
So many guesses here, nothing solid except for that published spec sheet. So I think come Spring 2022 we ONLY have the 400hp version, nothing less, at just above $40K for Sport. Performance >$45K. The different power levels I'm thinking towards the upcoming Nismo.

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
I think the Nissan spec sheets are pretty clear that it’ll be 400hp for the performance and sport versions, so to me this is a clear indication of a Nismo coming. Nissan has always said they’ll make one if there’s enough volume. This car is going to sell itself. If they had the volume to do it on the previous version, they’d have it for this one.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Alfonso did a great job on the new Z.

Supra? I would not pay for that ugly styling even if it has MSRP of $30k.
Maybe it is just me.
It is an over-styled piece of work, the Supra.
Not to mention the BMW reliability. Good luck to the owners.

Z_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000, Xterra Pro-4x
Great interview! One thing I got from it is that Toyota may not only have to worry about the sales for the Supra but possibly the new 86/Subaru BRZ if the price starts south of $40k getting into the $3X,XXX.00. One could look at it as a true BRZ "STi" that everyone has asked for if you will. Obviously the extra pounds will be there with the new Z compared to an 86/BRZ but so will an extra 172 HP/166 lb ft tq. I'm sure someone looking for a bit more power will be tempted to go the Z route for $5K-10K more instead of a $20k+ upgrade for the Supra with no manual option.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Alfonso did a great job on the new Z.

Supra? I would not pay for that ugly styling even if it has MSRP of $30k.
Maybe it is just me.
It is an over-styled piece of work, the Supra.
Not to mention the BMW reliability. Good luck to the owners.
I agree. I thunk it’s ugly. Not sure why people like it.

Z34_2.0

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Great interview! One thing I got from it is that Toyota may not only have to worry about the sales for the Supra but possibly the new 86/Subaru BRZ if the price starts south of $40k getting into the $3X,XXX.00. One could look at it as a true BRZ "STi" that everyone has asked for if you will. Obviously the extra pounds will be there with the new Z compared to an 86/BRZ but so will an extra 172 HP/166 lb ft tq. I'm sure someone looking for a bit more power will be tempted to go the Z route for $5K-10K more instead of a $20k+ upgrade for the Supra with no manual option.
I think the new 86 will come in at $26k MT and $27k AT. Everyone is saying $40k for a base Z, so I don't think the 86 has to worry about anything. The 2.0 Supra on the other hand... ?

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
A T top would be nice but not a deal breaker…