Zs are already being resold...

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
So far i have seen 2 videos from dealerships showing the proto is limited to 50 in canada. Also an ig post, for anyone who is getting a proto can confirm?
Correct. 50 allocated for Canada.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Correct. 50 allocated for Canada.
So that means in Canada they are actually collectors.
You guys have around 38mill pop, we have 28mill
So far In Australia we know there is 140 Protos…however the number could be even higher as Nissan Aus refuses to officially announce how many are actually coming

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
A friend of mine was told by a dealer in Canada that Nissan is forcing customers to finance the car through them for a minimum of one year, supposedly to prevent flipping. Sounds like BS to me. BTW, he was quoted over $85,000CAD out-the-door for a performance model.
not entirely new for dealers to withhold high demand cars for financed buyers over cash. 8.29% interest is over $20,000 on this car here, dealers don't want to leave that kick back on the table!

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
not entirely new for dealers to withhold high demand cars for financed buyers over cash. 8.29% interest is over $20,000 on this car here, dealers don't want to leave that kick back on the table!
Interest is 8.59. It’s on Nissan Canada. Other Nissan cars have lower interest but the Z is the highest. That’s BS that they can increase it based in car. It should be for all cars not change then based on vehicles

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So that means in Canada they are actually collectors.
You guys have around 38mill pop, we have 28mill
So far In Australia we know there is 140 Protos…however the number could be even higher as Nissan Aus refuses to officially announce how many are actually coming
140??? Are you sure? That seems high after Nissan saying they will only make 240 of them.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Last edited:

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Interest is 8.59. It’s on Nissan Canada. Other Nissan cars have lower interest but the Z is the highest. That’s BS that they can increase it based in car. It should be for all cars not change then based on vehicles
It sounds as if they are packing on extra points so both the dealer and the bank benefits from the extra interest.

Both the $1 lien and regulating rates are illegal in the US.

Last edited:

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If the agreement not to sell was tied to financing, I'll bet it's contrary to the country's banking laws. In the US, the dealer cannot "force" a buyer to sign with a particular institution. It smacks of putting the consumer at a disadvantage out of the gate That's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

It sounds as if they are packing on extra points so both the dealer and the bank benefits from the extra interest.

Both the $1 lien and regulating rates are illegal in the US.

In Canada, dealer mark ups are illegal. But I guess, both found ways around it. Raising the interest rate for the Z much higher then other cars is their markup I guess

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Dang, a little grenade just went off this morning, in my email in-box. Courtesy of Ford Motor Company - apparently my long lost 2-door manual transmission Bronco just got scheduled for production. Now I've got to come up with 30k for the Bronco by April!

So my dreams of a Nissan Z might have to wait a bit (didn't think Z Sport for MSRP was happening soon anyway). I look forward vicariously, to all you guys hopefully soon getting Zs!

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Dang, a little grenade just went off this morning, in my email in-box. Courtesy of Ford Motor Company - apparently my long lost 2-door manual transmission Bronco just got scheduled for production. Now I've got to come up with 30k for the Bronco by April!

So my dreams of a Nissan Z might have to wait a bit (didn't think Z Sport for MSRP was happening soon anyway). I look forward vicariously, to all you guys hopefully soon getting Zs!
Oh shit! Congrats :D Those bronco's are awesome! Maybe by summer time, or late summer you may be able to hunt down a Sport at MRSP if you're willing to keep both. Either way, I think you'll be happy. Two excellent fun choices. I was originally eyeing down a Bronco just after they released, but for some reason I kind of held off

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3
Maybe by summer time, or late summer you may be able to hunt down a Sport at MRSP
I really hope so, I'm trying to get a manual Sport this year. There's a dude on Facebook right now selling an automatic Sport for $55k 😂 Really crossing my fingers for more production this year

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Does not surprise me about the flipping. I will be curious to see if someone pays in the $79Krange for one of the Protos. Still waiting to see one at Mecum or B J and a couple of drunk guys bid against each other ending up paying a ridiculous price. It is bound to happen.