First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
1674595075337.png

I'm not sure how I feel about this. lol

I mean, Larry's got every right to list his used Z for however much he wants. And if he was willing to pay $70k for one, then that was his perogative.... but sheeesh.

Though I guess he coulda done a lot worse than $70k new - if that was out the door.

Last edited:

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Q50
I came to post something like this as well.

There is one here in Canada already. It’s the first used one asking $80,000 CDN with 500KMs on it. Guess , he took delivery and took it for a quick drive and put it on autotrader.

Good luck selling that at that price…..

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
1674595075337.png

I'm not sure how I feel about this. lol

I mean, Larry's got every right to list his used Z for however much he wants. And if he was willing to pay $70k for one, then that was his perogative.... but sheeesh.

Though I guess he coulda done a lot worse than $70k new - if that was out the door.
"Looking to cut my losses" & "only reason for selling is my Type R came in"

Universe, do your thing. Fire up the karma machine!

ZedNotZee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Motorcycles
I came to post something like this as well.

There is one here in Canada already. It’s the first used one asking $80,000 CDN with 500KMs on it. Guess , he took delivery and took it for a quick drive and put it on autotrader.

Good luck selling that at that price…..
A friend of mine was told by a dealer in Canada that Nissan is forcing customers to finance the car through them for a minimum of one year, supposedly to prevent flipping. Sounds like BS to me. BTW, he was quoted over $85,000CAD out-the-door for a performance model.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Q50
A friend of mine was told by a dealer in Canada that Nissan is forcing customers to finance the car through them for a minimum of one year, supposedly to prevent flipping. Sounds like BS to me. BTW, he was quoted over $85,000CAD out-the-door for a performance model.
Yes, I heard this too! I just secured mine and he said I would need to sign for it. But all the documents I signed off but didn’t send that one.

Nissan apparently didn’t want their car to be like the C8s.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q50S RS 400
Occupation
vCIO
To be honest, the Z was poised to be the Japanese C8 market wise but thing cooled off, Nissan dropped the ball, Toyota pulled a manual out of BMW's asses.

I'll admit, I was going to buy 2 of them and flip one.

Gman5556

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru STI
As someone going through the process right in Canada, I can say this is true for proto models. I have access to my own financing, however Nissan is requiring the dealer to keep a $1 lean on the car for 1 year to prevent resale. I also have to sign a waiver with Nissan Canada that I am not allowed to export the car for one year.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '14 Megane RS Cup, '19 508 GT
As someone going through the process right in Canada, I can say this is true for proto models. I have access to my own financing, however Nissan is requiring the dealer to keep a $1 lean on the car for 1 year to prevent resale. I also have to sign a waiver with Nissan Canada that I am not allowed to export the car for one year.
I guess a $1 lien isn't the end of the world if it settles the flipping down. Other finance only arrangements sound like they would skew the financials for people looking to make a cash purchase. Of course, flipping would be a non issue if Nissan could actually produce cars to meet even a basic level of demand.

Gman5556

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru STI
I guess a $1 lien isn't the end of the world if it settles the flipping down. Other finance only arrangements sound like they would skew the financials for people looking to make a cash purchase. Of course, flipping would be a non issue if Nissan could actually produce cars to meet even a basic level of demand.
I was okay with it because I intend to keep the car for a long time anyway. Again I believe these extra requirements are for protos only. Unclear how many protos are actually coming to Canada.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
So far i have seen 2 videos from dealerships showing the proto is limited to 50 in canada. Also an ig post, for anyone who is getting a proto can confirm?