MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
That power curve is a thing of beauty...props to Z1 for developing a turbo upgrade so promptly, though I'm bit afraid to hear the price lol

If the stock cooling equipment is still in use, I'm wondering if upgraded heat exchangers/intercoolers would facilitate a push into the 600+ club? Or if this is the threshold where 🌽 becomes necessary 🤔

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I'm curious to see how much each of these upgrades costs. The exhaust sounds really nice too. This package should be the perfect mix of daily-drivability and performance.

YES! THAT'S WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE SOUNDED LIKE FROM THE FACTORY! LIKE IT MEANS BUSINESS!

(jumps off soapbox, throws it into the Pacific)

OP
OP
Andaesthetics

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
YES! THAT'S WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE SOUNDED LIKE FROM THE FACTORY! LIKE IT MEANS BUSINESS!

(jumps off soapbox, throws it into the Pacific)
The pops and crackles when he's doing donuts sound nasty too. Also they just said this is with their Z1 exhaust. I wonder if they had just a catback on it or if they changed the downpipes as well.

OP
OP
Andaesthetics

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In before "World's first blown up 2023 Nissan Z!!" :d
I highly doubt they'll be the first to blow the engine. Z1 is one of, if not the biggest aftermarket company for the Z platform. They've been R&Ding a VR30DDTT swapped 370Z with all of their new parts for last 2+ years. Hence why they have all these parts ready to go and were able to throw them on the car so quickly. They know exactly what the limits are as well as what will or won't work on the new Z.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I wonder if they had just a catback on it or if they changed the downpipes as well.
If they’ve gone as far as to upgrade both turbochargers I’d say they’ve almost certainly upgraded the down pipes too.

OP
OP
Andaesthetics

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If they’ve gone as far as to upgrade both turbochargers I’d say they’ve almost certainly upgraded the down pipes too.
Whatever they have on it is perfection. Best sounding aftermarket exhaust for the new Z that I've heard so far. Almost sounds GTR-esque.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
I appreciate the simplicity of this look. The non-spoiler rear treatment was always a 50/50 proposition for me but I may be leaning in that direction (my current Z has it deleted, so maybe I'm biased).

I wonder, though, what the wheel size is, here. I suspect 19s are being used but I'm notoriously bad at estimating.

1666197248848.png

Last edited:

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
Right? They were already very prepared for this build.
Tbh I realize many of these parts are either repurposed or have been in R&D for a while, so not like this all happened overnight. But their level of hustle is respectable for sure 👍🏻

OP
OP
Andaesthetics

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They just picked up a Black Performance 9AT as well

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
When I spoke to an employee at last year's Z Nationals, he told me they had plans to eventually receive 6 cars for various R&D projects. Looking forward to seeing what all they accomplish.