• Total voters

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Yea 4 would be nice to do, but don't wanna waste the s007 by replacing them so quick. I'd probably do a combo of #1, exhaust from #2 and springs and sways in first year. The car will live mainly on streets a fee track days at VIR
The reason I suggested relatively minor handling items is so you can learn the car and it's stock engineering, plus have enough money for track-specific wheels and tires. I agree with sway bars and moderate springs which won't impact clearances when you'll have aggressive handling transitions.

Just throwing stuff on the car may result in worse handling/comfort level. Like a new house, it's good to live with it a little while...

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
The reason I suggested relatively minor handling items is so you can learn the car and it's stock engineering, plus have enough money for track-specific wheels and tires. I agree with sway bars and moderate springs which won't impact clearances when you'll have aggressive handling transitions.

Just throwing stuff on the car may result in worse handling/comfort level. Like a new house, it's good to live with it a little while...
Makes perfect sense!. I went a very similar route with my 370z since it was my first manual sports car. Did Tint, Spacers, Accessories first, then exhaust + Tune, new tires and then finally Springs-Sways. But all that took 4 years. Since I've got more experience now, I'd switch the tune out for Suspension...Accessories > Exhaust + Suspension > Tires (once S007 are dead or i find great deal on new wheels) > Tune :)

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I think a lot of you are under estimating what $10k gets you these days, at least for decent quality stuff.

$2000 - Wheels
$1600 - Tires
$3000 - Coilovers
$1500 - Suspension parts to get more adjustments/clearance for wider wheels
$600 - sway bars

Thats $8700 already and you havent even touched the brakes or added any more power with supporting parts, let alone aero stuff. For those that want PPF on the whole car, add in at least $5k there. I think $20k is a more realistic number for those that want to take a base model to track worthy level. Of course you can always go with China parts and cut the cost in half but that risk is on yourself.
$2k will get you two Volk wheels lol. I agree though, modding ain't cheap unless you're using bullshit parts.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
$2k will get you two Volk wheels lol. I agree though, modding ain't cheap unless you're using bullshit parts.
got to start some where lol working my way to 4 volks lol thats goal if u cant get it all in one shot , though the rays 57 series isnt bad at all and way cheaper

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
got to start some where lol working my way to 4 volks lol thats goal if u cant get it all in one shot , though the rays 57 series isnt bad at all and way cheaper
Check out Apex Racing for affordable good wheels. You will find that your lug pattern and needed offset is going to make your wheel search interesting....

Easy to spend $4-5k on a set of wheels for sure. I am sure you are deep in your Evo. Shoot I hit $20k in mods on mine in the first 2 years and I didnt even dive into the engines internals.... Good parts dont come cheap.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Man I'm at like 35-40k in this damn car lol

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Man I'm at like 35-40k in this damn car lol
"More than you can afford, pal...4G63" (revs)

Too easy to do. I am about to dump $5k on the Supra this week just so I can fit 315s all the way around and that doesnt included wheels...
That thing is gonna drive like its on rails. What wheels/tires you going with?

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
I'm going to make my new Z just like how my 370z was.

CF hood and side panels (fly1motorsports here I come)
Nismo wheels
5% tinted windows
CF mirrors
CF door handles
Rear spoiler
Rear splitter
Sound system
Intake
Test Pipes
Exhaust
Headers
I make my own carbon fiber parts so everything including door panels will be CF.
$17k something total before going tt ($15k)

20210501_104359-01.jpg

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Check out Apex Racing for affordable good wheels. You will find that your lug pattern and needed offset is going to make your wheel search interesting....

Easy to spend $4-5k on a set of wheels for sure. I am sure you are deep in your Evo. Shoot I hit $20k in mods on mine in the first 2 years and I didnt even dive into the engines internals.... Good parts dont come cheap.
lol i have their page bookmarked already on my quest , im most likely buying the bronze volks ultra m but i like to see what other stuff is out there lol then i got a wild idea but might be to wild the dark blue 57dr but i keep staring at it trying to see lol

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
We'll see how things turn out when released but I guess as of now I'd go Sport + mods.

Would likely go wheels, tires, exhaust and a spoiler to start.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
"More than you can afford, pal...4G63" (revs)

That thing is gonna drive like its on rails. What wheels/tires you going with?
I already have the wheels. They are Apex Racing SM-10 18x11. Tires are going to be Nankang CR-S. Well, that is as long as I can get a set before my next race. Coilovers should be here beginning of next week and all the SPL parts should be here late next week.

This is kind of the point I was making when people think $10k is a lot to throw at a car for mods and/or if its enough money. If you do the basics like lowering springs, sway bars and barely wider tires, then ya you are good. But when you decide you want to go from a 10" wide wheel to 11" up front (without your wheels sticking out way past the fenders), be ready to go down the rabbit hole. It may be different case with the Z but we shall see.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
I think a lot of you are under estimating what $10k gets you these days, at least for decent quality stuff.

$2000 - Wheels
$1600 - Tires
$3000 - Coilovers
$1500 - Suspension parts to get more adjustments/clearance for wider wheels
$600 - sway bars

Thats $8700 already and you havent even touched the brakes or added any more power with supporting parts, let alone aero stuff. For those that want PPF on the whole car, add in at least $5k there. I think $20k is a more realistic number for those that want to take a base model to track worthy level. Of course you can always go with China parts and cut the cost in half but that risk is on yourself.
Yup lol people are underestimating how much work needs to be done also. Are these people going to do installation themselves also? Labour fees need to be included on top of your mods.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
But when you decide you want to go from a 10" wide wheel to 11" up front (without your wheels sticking out way past the fenders), be ready to go down the rabbit hole. It may be different case with the Z but we shall see.
I sure hope people choose quality over quantity. The right stock-sized tires would outperform most dunkified shoes anywhere...

Even going +1 will go a long way in looks and performance.

Screenshot_20220524-195444_Chrome.jpg

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
Yup lol people are underestimating how much work needs to be done also. Are these people going to do installation themselves also? Labour fees need to be included on top of your mods.
Most people just invite their friends over to help them. I usually do the work on my car but if I can't, I just take it to my friends shop. Those who can't do it themselves or have no connections will end up spending more money