First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
Yup lol people are underestimating how much work needs to be done also. Are these people going to do installation themselves also? Labour fees need to be included on top of your mods.
Completely forgot about that since I do everything myself haha. Thats a very expensive point though.

I sure hope people choose quality over quantity. The right stock-sized tires would outperform most dunkified shoes anywhere...

Even going +1 will go a long way in looks and performance.

Screenshot_20220524-195444_Chrome.jpg
I do too but every crowd has those select people that do everything as cheap as possible. Hopefully with the Z being as expensive as it is, it weeds most of those people out.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
The right stock-sized tires would outperform most dunkified shoes anywhere...
Yeah, if you're going skinnier. More meat will pretty much always win. Jumping from a 235/45/17 to a 255/40/17 made me quicker in the 1/4 and at autocross. 265/30/18s made me even quicker. I'll bet when I throw on my next set of (wider) tires that trend will continue.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I do too but every crowd has those select people that do everything as cheap as possible. Hopefully with the Z being as expensive as it is, it weeds most of those people out.
Only works for so long, unfortunately. Ricers always find a way.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Too easy to do. I am about to dump $5k on the Supra this week just so I can fit 315s all the way around and that doesnt included wheels...
How much work needs to be done to fit them up front? 315s on the Evo is my goal but the work needed is almost ridiculous.

OP
OP

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
Yup lol people are underestimating how much work needs to be done also. Are these people going to do installation themselves also? Labour fees need to be included on top of your mods.
I'll be doing all the install my self or have a friend that can help me out.. minus tints, PPF front bumper, tuning, alignment and mounting tires. Most of these standard mods can be done by your average DIY.

I think some are forgetting most of us here are not going to go full send and buy every top shelf parts. Doubt many people will be buying Ohlin's, JRZ or coil overs with external reservoirs and plan to purchase the whole SPL catalog. Most will probably just replace pads and fluids and not upgrade to a BBK.

Last edited:

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
How much work needs to be done to fit them up front? 315s on the Evo is my goal but the work needed is almost ridiculous.
315s on my evo was my goal too. I do have to say, selling it a month ago was the better option haha.

315s require coilovers and camber. Camber requires $700 lower arms and $500 camber plates/adjustable strut tophats (or coilover that have them built in). I went ohlins so had to add the tophats. That's for the front. Rear just requires wheels. But I went the full spl route which is another $1100 but gets me full adjustment of everything and gets rid of all the rubber bushings.

Could have gone the cheap route with $1500 coilovers that have adjustable tophats and hoped that I could get enough camber up front but I chose to go a bit overkill since I race my car, for points, trophies, money and am currently the season long class leader. No short cuts here. It's not cheap but it's done right.

romanLegion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
got to start some where lol working my way to 4 volks lol thats goal if u cant get it all in one shot , though the rays 57 series isnt bad at all and way cheaper
Go Titan7 if you want forged wheels for less than $4k. Running some TS-5s and loving them.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Go Titan7 if you want forged wheels for less than $4k. Running some TS-5s and loving them.
yea i was looking at the T-D6 2900 bucks for 21 pounds not bad, but ive been staring at these bronze gram light 57cr

Last edited:

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
yea i was looking at the T-D6 2900 bucks for 21 pounds not bad, but ive been staring at these bronze gram light 57cr
Bronze Volk TE37 FTW!

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Bronze Volk TE37 FTW!
lol i have them in my cart looking at the 3800 bucks that will fly out my wallet lol vs the gram lights which i guess are on sale for 1800 bucks both bronze

twlai

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ND2 Miata RF
I have troubling casting my vote!!!!

Can you add a line:

o Buy a new car worth 43K and keep it entirely stock ( Perfect out of the box )

thank you!

OP
OP

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
I have troubling casting my vote!!!!

Can you add a line:

o Buy a new car worth 43K and keep it entirely stock ( Perfect out of the box )

thank you!
Sure, like.. buy a car under 50K and keep it entirely stock?

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
2023 Z 6MT, 2021 Supra 3.0 AT, 2014 Toyota 86 6MT
Occupation
Media Production
My gameplan:

1. HKS Cat-back Exhaust - Purchased (installing this weekend)
2. LED Map light bulb replacement
3. Lowering Springs -Maybe Eibach if they offer it
4. Spacers
5. AMS Heat Exchanger + Intakes*
6. Ecutek Tune - Will save DPs for next year

*:A hard maybe since some have said no vastly improved induction noise gained 👎