First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Wasn't Nissan's reason for the manual being quiet the fact that most MT owners will switch it out? Its of course also cost cutting on their part for margin

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The majority of people complaining about stock exhaust sound would still change it out even if suddenly sounded good. People just can't leave well enough alone, there's businesses built around relocating license plates FFS....

The Z has way bigger issues.....

Oh, and fuck California and Portland

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
The majority of people complaining about stock exhaust sound would still change it out even if suddenly sounded good. People just can't leave well enough alone, there's businesses built around relocating license plates FFS....

The Z has way bigger issues.....

Yo Portland City Mayor - Read My Lips . . .

Read%20My%20Lips.gif

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
A lot of us have been disappointed with the stock exhaust of the 2023 Nissan Z, especially the manual transmission cars.

Cop Tells Elantra N Owner His Stock Exhaust Will Cost $7K To "Fix"
I did read somewhere that manufacturers implement tall gearing to help pass drive by noise regulations. Nissan decided to keep the shorter gearing and used a more muted exhaust and let the aftermarket fix it. Some companies use valves in the exhaust and they keep them closed at lower rpms to pass the tests. Then we find the fuse and pull that sucker.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
I did read somewhere that manufacturers implement tall gearing to help pass drive by noise regulations. Nissan decided to keep the shorter gearing and used a more muted exhaust and let the aftermarket fix it. Some companies use valves in the exhaust and they keep them closed at lower rpms to pass the tests. Then we find the fuse and pull that sucker.
Well Nissan’s decisions is puzzling, because they actually employ two of those tactics but, exclusive to transmission choice.

The manual gets a “muted” exhaust but the auto gets an active one. I think the thought was it’s only featured in the ATs because it’s actuated by the “sport” mode that MTs don’t have. But surely it would be trivial to add an exhaust setting in one of the new digital gauge cluster menus?? Come on Nissan... 🤦🏼‍♂️

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I'll tell you one thing about Portland - they have some of the best fucking fried chicken I've ever had in my life.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I'll tell you one thing about Portland - they have some of the best fucking fried chicken I've ever had in my life.
Better not let my son find out, he loves fried chicken!
When I take a road trip through Oregon, I make sure to fuel up right before the state line so I can drive right through.
My reason used to be a protest against not being able to pump my own fuel. Last few years have given me more reasons to avoid.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
The manual gets a “muted” exhaust but the auto gets an active one. I think the thought was it’s only featured in the ATs because it’s actuated by the “sport” mode that MTs don’t have.
Has this been confirmed?

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Better not let my son find out, he loves fried chicken!
When I take a road trip through Oregon, I make sure to fuel up right before the state line so I can drive right through.
My reason used to be a protest against not being able to pump my own fuel. Last few years have given me more reasons to avoid.
It's SO worth it to stop and eat at Screen Door. The parking sucks, the line is ridiculous, but the food is BEYOND worth it.

They've actually changed the gas pumping law in some places. In the more rural areas you can pump it yourself.