• Total voters

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Even with good quality paint, it probably weathers/wears away and would then just look messy. After spending the money to do it, you could end up with it saying "NI AN 7" after just a few weeks. Plus you would need to do it every time you replace a tyre otherwise the new one wouldn't match the rest.

fred88

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pajero
I gotta Cricut maker….if you don’t know what it is, ask your wives they probably will….could make a stencil in two seconds flat?

I'll be completely honest in the fact that I own the same machine, a Cricut cutter. I use it quite a bit to cut out vinyl decals to stick on junk like my cooler, camping stuff, or toolboxes. I have all sorts of different colored types of vinyl with various finishes. I was wanting to cut out something small to stick on my MX-5 RF. This is my first Mazda and I don't know too much about Mazda history or culture. I was considering cutting out one of the early Mazda logos and putting it on the back window. OR making a small zoom-zoom logo, reversing it, and putting it on the acrylic air dam in the cabin so that only I can see it in the rearview mirror. This is just for fun, and somewhat pointless. Also, these things are easily removable without damaging the paint. Any suggestions would be great. Or if anyone wants something small cut out let me know and I can drop it in the mail next time I get the machine out.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
I'll be completely honest in the fact that I own the same machine, a Cricut cutter. I use it quite a bit to cut out vinyl decals to stick on junk like my cooler, camping stuff, or toolboxes. I have all sorts of different colored types of vinyl with various finishes. I was wanting to cut out something small to stick on my MX-5 RF. This is my first Mazda and I don't know too much about Mazda history or culture. I was considering cutting out one of the early Mazda logos and putting it on the back window. OR making a small zoom-zoom logo, reversing it, and putting it on the acrylic air dam in the cabin so that only I can see it in the rearview mirror. This is just for fun, and somewhat pointless. Also, these things are easily removable without damaging the paint. Any suggestions would be great. Or if anyone wants something small cut out let me know and I can drop it in the mail next time I get the machine out.
That's a great point. My 370Z Roadster had the glass between the two seat headrests and it had a light white "Z" on the glass and every time you looked out your rear view mirror you could see the "Z". Silly but at the same time kinda cool. That was from the factory.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
My 370Z Roadster had the glass between the two seat headrests and it had a light white "Z" on the glass and every time you looked out your rear view mirror you could see the "Z". Silly but at the same time kinda cool. That was from the factory.
The new Z has an "easter egg" printed at the bottom of the rear window which says "Since 1969". The review video that mentioned it (no idea which of the many it was though) said you'd see it every time you looked in the rear view mirror, but it's been printed to be viewed from outside the car, so all you'll see in the rear view mirror is a back-to-front version ... not that you'll see it at all because it's too small and too low down.

-retro-cues-and-easter-eggs-in-the-2023-nissan-z-4.jpg

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
-retro-cues-and-easter-eggs-in-the-2023-nissan-z-4.jpg

Does they hyphen after 1969 trigger anyone else? What's up with that?
Nah….because there is no end date…so say the last car was made this year it would be 1969-2022 but it hasn’t finished …so it’s left open
But I can see how it would annoy some

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
because there is no end date…so say the last car was made this year it would be 1969-2022 but it hasn’t finished …so it’s left open
"Since 1969-2022" that wouldn't make sense.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
"Since 1969-2022" that wouldn't make sense.
Exactly …the point to the hyphen is that there isn’t an end date yet …but I get why it would trigger cause as you said if it was a from to end date it shouldn’t have “since”

Last edited: