First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I'm planning for https://www.znationals.com/ in Oct usually a great event! I'm sure they'll showcase the new Z again. Anybody else interested? And not bad $295 for the track day. What's going to cost me is transportation from CA to bring the RB Z, ouch!
I spent over a grand shipping my Evo from WA to FL.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
bump for 2023... offer still good. will pay for your entry fee at my home track in VA

Im down as soon as I get my Z. im from NC so I will come up for sure and track with you.

this is me at VIR. Ive pretty much retired the GTR from the track so just waiting to get the Z and get back into the groove. Sadly its been about 4-5 years now.

_MG_04381024.jpg

IMG_8694-XL (1).jpg

Last edited:

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Im down as soon as I get my Z. im from NC so I will come up for sure and track with you.

this is me at VIR. Ive pretty much retired the GTR from the track so just waiting to get the Z and get back into the groove. Sadly its been about 4-5 years now.

_MG_04381024.jpg

IMG_8694-XL (1).jpg

Awesome!

I am a member at a small track right off 95 in Thornburg VA
Dominion Raceway.

Our member days are a blast- only 6-15 of us show up. some bring guests. But there is a TON of track time and we are all pretty chill and get along great. AC clubhouse- personal chef lunch.

It is no VIR- but a fairly technical track that keeps it fun and challenging.

PS ^^^^ your photo above below the esses pointing the wrong way obviously stopped, at VIR is sick photo!!

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Awesome!

I am a member at a small track right off 95 in Thornburg VA
Dominion Raceway.

Our member days are a blast- only 6-15 of us show up. some bring guests. But there is a TON of track time and we are all pretty chill and get along great. AC clubhouse- personal chef lunch.

It is no VIR- but a fairly technical track that keeps it fun and challenging.

PS ^^^^ your photo above below the esses pointing the wrong way obviously stopped, at VIR is sick photo!!

sounds good Im down to try dominion. just googled it and its a little under a 4 hr drive. VIR is about an hour 20 from me. besides, according to the reviews the new Z might not make it around something like VIR without tire brake and suspension upgrades lol. :confused:

yes we had some great photoshoots after the track days as my owners club/sponsors rented out VIR a few times over the years. we would have the entire full course with 30 cars total. so you would never see anyone else most of the day

speaking of VIR im trying to get a car corral together for the GT4 Z race in June!

IMG_87041024.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Out here in West Coast, otherwise will join you at VIR. My tracking will resume in the fall, it's way too hot here this summer!!

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've done one quick session at VIR full course and only 2 autocrosses

I would say watch the temps at VIR my oil got about 240 after a lap on a 90 degrees day mostly waiting for my turn on track.

I would also recommend anyone with a new Z swapping out to DOT4 brake fluid.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Out here in West Coast, otherwise will join you at VIR. My tracking will resume in the fall, it's way too hot here this summer!!
The same is unfortunately the case in the northern part of the state if it makes you feel any better - I'm itching to get the EN out, but I don't hate the car nor myself that much lol

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I've done one quick session at VIR full course and only 2 autocrosses

I would say watch the temps at VIR my oil got about 240 after a lap on a 90 degrees day mostly waiting for my turn on track.

I would also recommend anyone with a new Z swapping out to DOT4 brake fluid.
With the new Z at least high temp brake fluid AND track pads as best insurance. Not sure how much improved those Akebonos are from the 370Z to be track worthy as delivered.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
With the new Z at least high temp brake fluid AND track pads as best insurance. Not sure how much improved those Akebonos are from the 370Z to be track worthy as delivered.

Any street car going to the track needs fluid and pads regardless of brand unless driver is very green and just learning. High oil temps on stock power would concern me however. Friend with a 370 Nismo could only run 2 hard laps and then would have to cool down 2 laps- was hopping they fixed that. He moved to a SS 1LE