First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
Never been on a track yet, but would love to take the new Z and my Supra out to compare how each performs.

Quigs

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 Mazdaspeed3, '22 Ford F-250 SD, Miata racecar
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
I have a dedicated track car, so I'm not sure if the Z would ever see the track. I usually try to keep my street cars on the street and track cars on the track if I can. I will most likely have the Z more set up for back roads and cruising.

Though, if my wife lets me, I may try to sneak it out onto VIR for a weekend...

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I have a dedicated track car, so I'm not sure if the Z would ever see the track. I usually try to keep my street cars on the street and track cars on the track if I can. I will most likely have the Z more set up for back roads and cruising.

Though, if my wife lets me, I may try to sneak it out onto VIR for a weekend...
You gotta take the Z and feel it at the limit at least once, can’t do that safely on streets, we all know that?

Quigs

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 Mazdaspeed3, '22 Ford F-250 SD, Miata racecar
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
You gotta take the Z and feel it at the limit at least once, can’t do that safely on streets, we all know that?
Oh, I agree 100%. I'm not one to go anywhere close to the limit on the streets. I truly believe that the track is the place to go all out. I have a 400hp Mazdaspeed3 that I drive like a grandpa most of the time haha. I do take it back roading every once in a while, but if there is any other traffic around I drive normal. When the roads are empty it's only up to 7/10s.

Now, at the track in my fully prepped racecar? It's 150% send all the time haha. If the Z were to see the track I think it'd be back down more toward 8/10s.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
My prev tracked Mazdaspeed, what a fun car on the tighter tracks! Not so much on the speedways ?

1641399359695.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Just got back from my first fling in the GT PP2, awesome grip (magneride adj susp), braking (Brembos), Recaros, plus enough power as baselines ? :D Topped out at 150mph end of front straight at Auto Club Speedway Roval config.

I wonder if the new Z can hold a candle, stock for stock, with this. I sure HOPE so..... too bad it won't come with any of those options.

1642691196762.png

1642691227125.png

1642691341119.png

1642691427629.png

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I posted this in that thread and I'll say it here...

A lot of cars you see on track aren't designed to be track cars yet they do just fine. I wouldn't be terribly worried about that, especially when they literally built a Z racecar to replace their GT-R.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Hmm interesting why Hiroshi would admit that, probably still cooling issues when pushed hard.

Needs the aftermarket to come up with upgrades/solutions, the chassis is good design w addtl camber plates etc.

It’s a parts bin car based on the Z34, I don’t see any huge upgrades anywhere in the car except for the VR30DDTT, which will run hotter anyway.

Still wanna see what initial tests come up, Nissan sure is not in any hurry to push these out to testers. Not even current runs at the Ring since waaay back with that 370Z bodied mule.

But it’ll be a cool GT car if you don’t plan on tracking it, we all know it’s a beautiful design?

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
ive been lazy about it with the camaro but i plan on getting back into drag and track just depends what car i end up with when the dust settles

94boosted

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camaro SS 1LE, BMW 340, Ford F150
As the 21' Supra and the M2 are in BS the new Z will almost certainly end up in there as well. How competitive it will be remains to be seen but I suspect that how much camber adjustment will be available from the factory (if any) will have an impact on that.

For those following SCCA Solo autox looks like the new Z should be in B Stock, guessing per the latest Rulebook update, since both the Z34 Nismo and Supra are there.

1645019639234.jpeg

https://www.scca.com/downloads/60877-2022-solo-rule-book-1/download

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
West Coast here - Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca, Willow Springs, Auto Club Speedway
I wanna get back out to Willow Springs. My track experiences have been on motorcycles, but I definitely want to do a track day in a Z, or whatever car I end up getting. Part of me is a little apprehensive about taking a new $45k car onto the track, but I guess as long as I'm not pushing past my skill level, it's no riskier than driving around on public roads.

On my SV650 at Streets of Willow for my 1st track day ever, back in 2009:

1140_b2.jpg

I'd really like to get out to Chuckwalla sometime. Looks like a fun track. I've only driven it in Assetto Corsa so far, lol

_nc_ohc=mPiaxC-liMAAX9x9-B7&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

ChuckwallaValleyRacewayMap.gif

Driving or riding at Laguna Seca would be the DREAM. Track days there are like $500, but I gotta do it some day.

4b96e5f7296a6edfcad6e5e6f9084436.jpg

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
? :D Topped out at 150mph end of front straight at Auto Club Speedway Roval config.
@trackratZ How do you like Auto Club Speedway? I like that it's a pro facility and environment; meaning, all that architecture really gives that pro race track feeling and experience, unlike tracks like Chuckwalla where you're just surrounded by dirt in every direction. However, while I haven't been to ACS in person, what I don't like is how flat the infield road course there looks. I'm a big fan of elevation changes and don't really care for 'parking lot' tracks.

Last edited: