Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Interesting…no love for the Proto yet…but still love for the car overall
If I was a betting man, I'd say that the Proto (stateside at least) will either be a) impossible to get within reason, i.e. markups to the moon/dealer just, not wanting to sell it and keep it as a showroom queen or b) they're already under-the-table spoken for. Imagine a lot of people on here have come to terms with that, and therefore have ruled it out.

I know I may get roasted but ...all I can dream of is them putting the vr38 in the z.
Hear me out though ..they've already said things about the electrification of the R35 and how it is on the table. I could see them going that route with the GTR as it is their fastest car and finally giving the public a chance to own a 6 speed VR38 would be crazy. I'm only saying this because I truly believe this is the last Z before EV days. LOJ Conversions already has a 370z Trans adapter for the VR38 so I wonder if it could be done ..
You should check out this thread - https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...ery-of-2023-nissan-z-and-already-modding.838/

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Um isn't none and something else kind of one and the same?
Not necessarily. "Something else" could cover those waiting for the possible future versions (Nismo, convertible, facelift, etc.) before buying. Whereas "None" obviously means not planning to buy one at all.

Or "Something else" could mean buying another make/model of car, while "None" means not buying any car.

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
For people who say sport:

can you get a good after market LSD, Bigger breaks and any other option that can’t be had on the performance model under 10k?
torsen and brakes, which are the only relevant upgrades for a car enthusiast, you can absolutely get for 12k difference. moreover in a couple of years the performance trim used brakes and diffs will be on kijiji for a couple of grand. too bad we dont have jdm trims in north america, its much more flexible

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I wonder if Sport will be an easier buy from dealers since no one wants them, LOL? I'm really leaning on this and doing all the sweet upgrades myself with proven components. One feature I really want in Sport is leather seating, way easier to clean.

Dingobaby

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
B7 Passat 1.8t Apr stg 1+ intake exhaust
I wonder if Sport will be an easier buy from dealers since no one wants them, LOL? I'm really leaning on this and doing all the sweet upgrades myself with proven components. One feature I really want in Sport is leather seating, way easier to clean.
About the seats, I just hate how sport seats look. I don't mind cloth but performance seats are way better looking.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
About the seats, I just hate how sport seats look. I don't mind cloth but performance seats are way better looking.
My plan is to swap out the seats anyway, would be great if the 370Z Nismo Recaros can fit without too much modif plus the airbag still workable. Otherwise aftermarket Recaros or others.

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
i feel like now after price release its the opposite lol. sport gets the most important - same v6tt engine as performance and costs just 40k which is really a great combo. all the missing pieces, including seats, are easily replacible. performance is way closer to supra price and after introducing mt, supra actually feels like a bit better option