Which Nissan Z Generation Is Your Favorite?

Which Z Is Your Favorite?

• Total voters

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I was searching for Z posters recently, to hang up in the garage or man cave....anyone know where to find them? I have had no luck.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
All the early ones are good, until the Z32 which is just a big, fat, and ugly monstrosity. :(
(According to Jeremy Clarkson, it was designed in America to be able to fit fat Americans.)

The 350Z is a bit ugly (better than the Z32) in pictures and unfortunately the 370Z got a bit uglier. Both look too short at the back compared to the early ones, so appear to be rather stumpy/fat-bottomed. There are also LOTS of them on the roads, partly thanks to many of the 350Z being brought in as used Japanese imports.

The new Z looks good in pictures, thanks to going back to a design more like the early ones, but remains to be seen what it's actually like in real-life.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
So, why does the 370Z trail badly here vs the 350Z in this poll? its a lighter car, but is it the styling that didn’t win any favors?

Nissan and Alfonso sure did hit the home run with the new design though, best of two heritages.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
So, why does the 370Z trail badly here vs the 350Z in this poll? its a lighter car, but is it the styling that didn’t win any favors?

Nissan and Alfonso sure did hit the home run with the new design though, best of two heritages.
I'll chime in... I owned a '07 base 350Z and traded it for a '12 370Z w/sport package. 370 was faster and SRM was cool when I wanted to use it, but the 350 just felt more fun to me, lighter, no TCS. What got me at the time was, I was making more money, got offered a really good deal on my 350 and 370's were going for nothing down, 0%. After a few years the performance was a bit lacking for me and not wanting to put any more money into the Z, I ended up dumping it for something that's twin turbo from the factory. All in all I'm happy with the outcome but part of me still wishes that I never got rid of the 350.

I think the older the 370 has gotten the less I like the way it looks, where the '07-'08 350 still looks really good to me. I agree on the new Z and I haven't even voted yet ? but this new design really does it for me.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

370Z, in my eyes, is bulbous and has weird claw-shaped head and tail lights. Also, the door handles on both the 350 and 370 are really clumsy looking, like a forced design element.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ It's basically the same vertical door handle design on the new Z, but they've been more rounded and colour-matched to the bodywork instead of being chrome.