What's in the news today... (NO COVID / POLITICS)

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
You doing storage batteries? If so, what type? Tesla, life4po, other.....?
Havent got that far yet. Solar panels should be going up here in the next 2-3 weeks. Going to let battery tech advance for a few more years before I pull the trigger on anything. Kind of interested in the Ultium cells GM is going to be putting in their new stuff coming out.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Havent got that far yet. Solar panels should be going up here in the next 2-3 weeks. Going to let battery tech advance for a few more years before I pull the trigger on anything. Kind of interested in the Ultium cells GM is going to be putting in their new stuff coming out.
Check their works.
Watch out for potential roof leak.
Some installers are sloppy.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
Check their works.
Watch out for potential roof leak.
Some installers are sloppy.
10 year warranty on the roof, structure and leaks! Trust me, I didnt cheap out on this whole thing. Could have got it done for half the price but didnt want twice the short cuts that come with it.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Proof that gods not fair…this guy should give 25% to his ex wife, 25% to the guy that returned the tickets to him.
He would still be left with 135million….more than enough for anyone, especially someone who hasn’t worked for 15years

I feel bad for the grocery guy still slaving away

Last edited:

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
Wokeness is a scourge, and "compassion" is not a solution.

I agree with the business owner. Homeless people who are not of sound mind should be forced into treatment and/or a facility. It is NOT compassion to let them rot away in the street, where many are at risk of becoming victims of violence, rape, disease, and other horrible things. At the very least, we need to implement a "you don't have to go into the shelter, but you can't stay here" policy.

ALSO, We're in a truly effed up state of affairs when people are more concerned with political correctness and using the term 'unhoused person' rather than identify the actual problem. You think mentally ill, street people's biggest obstacle in life is whether you call 'em homeless or 'unhoused.'?? GTFO with that nonsense.

/rant

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Wokeness is a scourge, and "compassion" is not a solution.

I agree with the business owner. Homeless people who are not of sound mind should be forced into treatment and/or a facility. It is NOT compassion to let them rot away in the street, where many are at risk of becoming victims of violence, rape, disease, and other horrible things. At the very least, we need to implement a "you don't have to go into the shelter, but you can't stay here" policy.

ALSO, We're in a truly effed up state of affairs when people are more concerned with political correctness and using the term 'unhoused person' rather than identify the actual problem. You think mentally ill, street people's biggest obstacle in life is whether you call 'em homeless or 'unhoused.'?? GTFO with that nonsense.

/rant
One thing I've noticed about car people, is that on these kinds of subjects you'll find about 90%+ of us will agree.

Another thing I noticed about car people, there seems to be fewer and fewer of us as time goes by....