What's in the news today... (NO COVID / POLITICS)

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Everybody loses, mostly the Virginia taxpayers for funding this stupid ass case.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Everybody loses, mostly the Virginia taxpayers for funding this stupid ass case.
No you are wrong. This was a hugely important case for men all around the world.
Men have been forced into submission, not permitted not to speak out if they are abused, made to feel ashamed and embarrassed, less of a man if it happens to them and that in turn leads them not to speak out.
There have been men that have also been wrongfully accused who spent 16 years in prison, only for the woman finally to come out and confess it did not happen…too late already destroyed the man’s life on mostly he said she said.
In the wake of the me too movement, there have been numerous fake accusations which not only is damaging for the male affected but is actually making it harder, not easier for woman who have actually been abused to be heard.

This should be the catalyst for men who have been abused to realise there is no shame in coming forward and seeking help. It should be a moment for people to realise that yes, not all men are good, but similarly neither are all women, and that some can and do use their sexuality to get what they want and then complain when things go wrong.

Most importantly it should speak volumes that all victims of domestic abuse be they female ( as I do not pretended that there have been many many women unjustly dealt with) OR male should have their day in court and be listened to and seek retribution….similarly though both females AND men, should also have their chance to clear their names before the court of public opinion and media label them before being proven guilty of anything

Although it seemed frivolous …it was a very important case

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Important in that aspect I agree. If these were two nobodys it wouldn't have taken nearly as long or got nearly as much attention. That's my issue with it. Anyways, it'll be forgotten about in a week BECAUSE the guy won.

Plus, I currently live in VA and would rather have not funded this shit show.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Important in that aspect I agree. If these were two nobodys it wouldn't have taken nearly as long or got nearly as much attention. That's my issue with it. Anyways, it'll be forgotten about in a week BECAUSE the guy won.

Plus, I currently live in VA and would rather have not funded this shit show.
I understand you being upset about funding it…I didn’t realise that would be the case.
And I agree if they were two nobodies it would have been over much quicker and got not attention, but that is also why it was important.

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Shades of the South Park Queef Episode . . . Savvy !!