What if....would you consider?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
As far as tracks are concerned, I don't see what the big deal is in regards to the fire risk. I would think they could have a rule that Tesla's can't be parked too close to other vehicles or structures, and if it catches fire it may be allowed to burn. Just have the owner sign a waiver about EV fires, and if the car burns a hole in the track, car owner is responsible for the repair.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
im saying it now u can remember me later this isnt the future .. the future is going to be hydrogen

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
As far as tracks are concerned, I don't see what the big deal is in regards to the fire risk. I would think they could have a rule that Tesla's can't be parked too close to other vehicles or structures, and if it catches fire it may be allowed to burn. Just have the owner sign a waiver about EV fires, and if the car burns a hole in the track, car owner is responsible for the repair.

Kind a agree... But as a track rat i don't want my track day canceled because of a lithium fire. You literally cannot put them out with normal amounts of water and a fire truck with XX glas of water on a back turn is just not going to come close.

They burn for a long time too and then would have to be removed and then clean up. So if a EV catches fire at a track I "think" people are finding out that it basically closes the track down for that day

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Kind a agree... But as a track rat i don't want my track day canceled because of a lithium fire. You literally cannot put them out with normal amounts of water and a fire truck with XX glas of water on a back turn is just not going to come close.

They burn for a long time too and then would have to be removed and then clean up. So if a EV catches fire at a track I "think" people are finding out that it basically closes the track down for that day
we need like a demolition man system the car lights up bam incased in foam lol, though i dont think it would work to well it might kill the driver in the process

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
I'd expect to see graphene-based batteries become the standard for EV track use.