What has your dealer told you about the Nissan Z?

JohnnyZ

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti qx50
Occupation
Union sheet metal worker
1st, have they told you that they have been told something? Does the salesperson or sales manager even know about it?
Then, if so:
- did they attend Nissan's meeting where it was shown?
- tech details
- price
- availability
- allocation to dealers.
Take anything they say with a grain of salt... most dealers don't know anything much about the current Z. I can count 3 local dealers who don't know diddly.
Your 100% right! The dealers know nothing. I called 3 local dealers and got the same response from all when I asked if they had any info on release date....they all said you know as much as we do! I’m a big Z enthusiast and am itching to buy a new car! I really hope they release the car before sometime this spring as been rumored. Spring ends June 20th. I’m gonna hold off until than. If there is still zero info I’m going to have to just buy something else. Praying they come through sometime soon.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So if my math is correct, the MSRP in Australia is 25 - 30% more than the MSRP here in the US.

WOW!
Yep....I’ll give you some more.
new Corvette is on pre Order for $166,000 and a new Supra GR GT will set you back $97,000
we get ripped off. Some people try and import cars themselves, but you have to know what your doing...and it’s made all the more trickier as we drive on the other side of the road...particularly in this case where the Z won’t be available in the Uk

Having said that our average wage is higher...so it’s all linked I suppose

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I've made contact w/ two dealerships here in South Florida and so far, not much. The first I went to (this was a few months ago, mind you) had nothing, but took information. The second said they went to an event to see the prototype in person and was hyping a bit, but didn't have any concrete information.

Have texted both sales reps that I got cards from within the last week, and radio silence. Assuming it's either they were told not to say anything yet, or they don't have any information to share. Said something along the lines of "saw the August 17 release date, please let me know about keeping me in touch/preorder/waitlist etc."

Pure speculation of course, like everything else, but I'm trying to establish a relationship so once things get rolling, I've a point of contact.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
A dealer told me that, they usually begin to take pre-orders after Nissan gives them a firm release date. Before that happens, most of them (dealers) don't. Exceptions do exist, however.
Assume that Nissan announces a release date on Aug 17th (reveal), then, Nissan dealers might start to take pre-orders...

IMPUL

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Infiniti g35x, 2015 Nissan Micra
Occupation
Liuna Local 183
I just called South London Nissan in Ontario and added myself to a pre-order list.
As soon as they have new details they will contact me.
As far as they know it will absolutely have the 400 hp twin turbo engine they said there’s a site with a good write up. I’ll try to find it.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I just called South London Nissan in Ontario and added myself to a pre-order list.
As soon as they have new details they will contact me.
As far as they know it will absolutely have the 400 hp twin turbo engine they said there’s a site with a good write up. I’ll try to find it.
Please do! And that's great, congrats. I may try to swing by one of the dealers I reached out to on Friday and try and talk to someone in person - also feels like another good way of making myself and intentions known.

spencello

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
PRL Motorsports Sales Manager
I've stopped at and talked to two notable dealers in my area thus far (and the owner of one), and they are all in the dark (more than us). I'm fairly confident any dealer stating they have insight on specs, pricing and any promised models are 100% full of shit. Unless a source is somebody like Dan, or a project engineer, I don't buy anything. Even at that, these folks have NDAs and hands tied. The only somewhat credible information out there is on this forum (or any forums/Facebook pages that regurgitates the same information). Even at that, there's so much speculation and he-said-she-said (okay Fred Durst) that leads me to get be skeptical. I'll just wait until there is more valid, verifiable information.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I've stopped at and talked to two notable dealers in my area thus far (and the owner of one), and they are all in the dark (more than us). I'm fairly confident any dealer stating they have insight on specs, pricing and any promised models are 100% full of shit. Unless a source is somebody like Dan, or a project engineer, I don't buy anything. Even at that, these folks have NDAs and hands tied. The only somewhat credible information out there is on this forum (or any forums/Facebook pages that regurgitates the same information). Even at that, there's so much speculation and he-said-she-said (okay Fred Durst) that leads me to get be skeptical. I'll just wait until there is more valid, verifiable information.

As I have said before. My dealer knows nothing in terms of specs, and price.
They have guesstimated a price, but made it clear they don’t know for sure how much it will be. He was hopeful it would be here late this year or Jan next year, but we both agree it won’t be that soon

All they know is they have 3 allocated to their dealership when it is released….all three have been spoken for. I am number 2 on that list.
I have stated I want a manual and I would like yellow, the dealer has told me he will do his best, but he can not guarantee that until the cars are in Australia.
If he can not get what I would like, a refund will be given OR a choice to wait for the second drop and Hope I get what I want, OR I can change my selection to what is on offer. Can’t really loose anything but time.
I may budge on colour…but it’s a manual or none for me

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
No dealers in Houston are taking deposits until after August 17th, I'm first in line at the largest Nissan dealer in Texas.

I'm trying to be the first in Houston with one.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Ended up swinging by one of the bigger Nissan dealerships in the area this afternoon and talked to another salesperson. This gentleman was much more enthusiastic about the Z, which I loved - outside of just discussing what we've seen online, he confirmed that they've all been told absolutely nothing about the Z. Not surprising I know, but nice to have confirmed personally. All he said they've been told is the August 17 announcement date. Exchanged contact info so expect to hear something in August.

Outside of talking about the Z they had a 50th Anniversary Edition GT-R on the floor in Bayside Blue and my god, the color is something else. I've never seen it in person, and if the new Z is offered in it, it's gonna be really really hard to resist. Wish I would have taken more/better photos.

tempImagecYmBjr.png

spencello

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
PRL Motorsports Sales Manager
As far as I'm aware of, there are no allocations for any dealers, as dealers know nothing and can't even submit orders. If it's anything like the new Civic (economy car that is supposed to be readily available), our company was the first person to receive one that I've seen on countless Facebook groups and the forums. Very few cars (1.5L turbo) were even released yet. There was only one 1.5T model on the entire order because Dealers were not able to allocate them. Now, almost two weeks later, I've still only seen a handful of new ownership posts on all of the pages and no word when more cars will be delivered. In short, I still think it's far too soon to talk allocations or get our hopes up.

20210611_102736.jpg

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
As far as I'm aware of, there are no allocations for any dealers, as dealers know nothing and can't even submit orders. If it's anything like the new Civic (economy car that is supposed to be readily available), our company was the first person to receive one that I've seen on countless Facebook groups and the forums. Very few cars (1.5L turbo) were even released yet. There was only one 1.5T model on the entire order because Dealers were not able to allocate them. Now, almost two weeks later, I've still only seen a handful of new ownership posts on all of the pages and no word when more cars will be delivered. In short, I still think it's far too soon to talk allocations or get our hopes up.

20210611_102736.jpg
Different countries, different import laws can result in different information.
Here in Aus you could not buy the civic as such. There was a lottery where you put your name down BEFORE release date. Once time was up to enter names were pulled from a hat, and a deposit was expected immediately to secure a car.
This was not something dodgy done by my dealer, this was an Australian wide lottery run by Honda Australia

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
Hopefully we’ll get a few forum sponsorship dealerships who are willing to advertise here that they will sell without a mark up.

OP
OP

DrivingEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Occupation
computer geek
Hopefully we’ll get a few forum sponsorship dealerships who are willing to advertise here that they will sell without a mark up.
Absolutely... for this new Z, it would be worth the extra travel cost to fly into another city to get one without the markup. If for nothing other than principle alone!

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Absolutely... for this new Z, it would be worth the extra travel cost to fly into another city to get one without the markup. If for nothing other than principle alone!
I've done this three times now; Bought my 370z CPO sight unseen from TX and had it trucked to me in NC. Drove down to Clearwater FL to pick up my mom's new minivan and drove it back. Finally, flew to PA to pick up my brand new S4 and then drove it back same day. Saved $4k on Z, $6k on Minivan and almost $10k on S4.

Def worth the time to pick up from out of state if dealer is good enough. Its getting harder to do now since if certain salespeople see out of state number or get that info, they're less likely to pester you to pick up. Could result in great deal, but its difficult to know for sure. I for sure am going to be looking out of state for my Z. NC Nissan dealers don't stock many Zs and the ones they've had have been priced stupid high. A similar 2012 370z, with more miles and not CPO was selling for $2k more out the bat then the one I found out of state.