What has your dealer told you about the Nissan Z?

DrivingEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Occupation
computer geek
1st, have they told you that they have been told something? Does the salesperson or sales manager even know about it?
Then, if so:
- did they attend Nissan's meeting where it was shown?
- tech details
- price
- availability
- allocation to dealers.
Take anything they say with a grain of salt... most dealers don't know anything much about the current Z. I can count 3 local dealers who don't know diddly.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
A salesman from one of my local dealers I contacted seems very enthusiastic about the new Z. He keeps me posted of all the new videos and spy photos online (usually I found them myself before he informed me). However, really appreciate an enthusiastic salesman.

OP
OP

DrivingEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Occupation
computer geek
That's the best kind of salesman, and he is building a long-term customer base.

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
Very little at my dealer, I told him a-lot about it he didnt tell me, but I feel he knows way more than he is admitting too, so maybe under a gag order and told not to share anything yet...

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
That's the best kind of salesman, and he is building a long-term customer base.
Let us hope he puts me as the #1 in the waiting list (when he is allowed to do so) and charge me MSRP (no ADM).
Less is fine. :)

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I’ve been told
unless covid sets it back we should expect cars late December
that his dealership will only get 3 cars initially, and some dealers won’t get any.
that they are pricing it around 80k could be less could be more...it’s a guesstimate
Thats pretty much it ...I’m in Australia so keep that in mind in terms of cost

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
80k? I have no idea how that compares to what the American price will be, but using the conversion rate on the web, approximately 62.5k! Hope my math is wrong because that is about 20k more than what we were told they were going to sell for.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
80k? I have no idea how that compares to what the American price will be, but using the conversion rate on the web, approximately 62.5k! Hope my math is wrong because that is about 20k more than what we were told they were going to sell for.
To put it into perspective. A nismo still goes got 70,000 here, the Corvette is on pre order for 166,000
a Supra close to 90,000, so we run at around 10,000 higher than you guys after conversion, and then if it hits 70,000 we pay a “luxury car” tax on top.
so my guess after all that’s taken into consideration, is it’s probably around 5,000 more than what we were told
Having said that...as I said, I think it’s a guesstimate and hopefully a little higher than expected to cover their basis. Much easier to take if the price is lower than expected than higher

spencello

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
PRL Motorsports Sales Manager
It would be so nice to just get on Nissan's website when the car becomes available, build your own anyway you want & have it shipped to your closest dealership at MSRP. That would be nice.
This. I'd preorder and deposit day 1

NoCoast

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
Occupation
Physician
My dealers locally are clueless. Called Friday 5/14.

codygrimm27

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
R32 GTR/JZX90
Occupation
Automotive
Yesterday called 2 separate dealers. One had heard of the car coming & the other didn't really have any info. The one got my phone number & said he will send me any updates. Other one also got my number but seemed unsure of the situation. The better dealer is a GTR dealer so maybe that'll help. Not sure. We can only wait & see

50thZ

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 370z 50th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
If the price of the new Z is above 40K it will fall on its face. Hopefully it will be closer to $35K or somewhere in the middle.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
If the price of the new Z is above 40K it will fall on its face. Hopefully it will be closer to $35K or somewhere in the middle.
In Aus the price of a new 370z ( we still have stock) is still 55,000. That has come down from around 65,000. I can’t see it being less than 70,000 for base model, going up to around 80.
Hope I’m wrong and it is less, but it’s what I’m budgeting.

Again though, you have to keep in mind Australia prices v US
A 2020 Mustang Mach 1...will set you back 93,000 here at present

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
In Aus the price of a new 370z ( we still have stock) is still 55,000. That has come down from around 65,000. I can’t see it being less than 70,000 for base model, going up to around 80.
Hope I’m wrong and it is less, but it’s what I’m budgeting.

Again though, you have to keep in mind Australia prices v US
A 2020 Mustang Mach 1...will set you back 93,000 here at present
So if my math is correct, the MSRP in Australia is 25 - 30% more than the MSRP here in the US.

WOW!