What changes were made to VR30?

Dreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata
To add.....

-VR30 6MT has an added recirc valve that the VR30 AT doesn't have.

-You'll be able to mod the VR30 with bolt-ons and a tune utilizing stock turbos well past what you can put down effectively with RWD and most all DOT tires.

I personally feel the BMW RWD cars like Supra can handle more RWD power better than the Z34 chassis will be able to. I've seen what happens when you boost a 370Z or G37 RWD over 500whp, they become a real handful in GOOD weather in the first 3 gears. We'll have to see how the chassis dynamics are for the updated Z34 chassis in the new Z, however I can see quite a few new Z's getting wadded up even with bolt-ons and tunes.
Well, the new car has longer gear ratios, andwider tires. Hopefully thats coupled with better weight balancing to make it grip.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I personally feel the BMW RWD cars like Supra can handle more RWD power better than the Z34 chassis will be able to. I've seen what happens when you boost a 370Z or G37 RWD over 500whp, they become a real handful in GOOD weather in the first 3 gears. We'll have to see how the chassis dynamics are for the updated Z34 chassis in the new Z, however I can see quite a few new Z's getting wadded up even with bolt-ons and tunes.
They did say in one of the videos with Dan Passe that suspension mounting points are changed. This may reduce the chassis flop on straight pulls but hoping more so on the handling dynamics.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I'm not sure if the Q60 version is rated for e85 from the factory, but apparently from what I've seen the Z is. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the change if it doesn't require different heads and maybe even pistons.
If you saw it from the teen couple youtubers, that's false. The guy holding the gas can, labeled E85, clarified that the can has unleaded fuel (i.e. up to 15%ethanol)

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I'm not sure if the Q60 version is rated for e85 from the factory, but apparently from what I've seen the Z is. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the change if it doesn't require different heads and maybe even pistons.
It's not, you have to swap the injectors to play with corn juice on the Qs.

Sorry if I'm going off topic, but the guys over on our sister forum said this motor was a pain to work on and that it takes a ton of $$$ to make power.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/all-new-2023-nissan-z-makes-world-debut.10467/page-17
Pain to work on, absolutely.

Ton of money to make power?, all BMWs are crackhead cheap to make gains - all you need is an Android app and $130 for +50< hp/tq

Bolt-ons are 90's honda cheap and get you +100< hp/tq

Example: My e89 Z4 had the N54. I went from 300hp stock to 500hp for about $1,500 all in + the hassle of corn juice.

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
It's not, you have to swap the injectors to play with corn juice on the Qs.

Pain to work on, absolutely.

Ton of money to make power?, all BMWs are crackhead cheap to make gains - all you need is an Android app and $130 for +50< hp/tq

Bolt-ons are 90's honda cheap and get you +100< hp/tq

Example: My e89 Z4 had the N54. I went from 300hp stock to 500hp for about $1,500 all in + the hassle of corn juice.
I have the sweet N54 in my 535i, are you using JB4 for these gains + the e85 changes?